Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milbemax wormer

Milbemax wormer

Hi, can anyone supply these at a sensible price? I have heard only good reports of them.

They are a prescription only medicine so only available from your vet or with a written prescription.

Drontal is actually licensed to kill more worms than Milbemax and is available over the internet or at most agricultural merchants. You can buy big tablets so a 35kg dog only needs the one.

I have absolute confidence in both products if given at the correct dose [they are safe so if in doubt over rather than under dose!]

Very good, i will try Drontal. Thanks.

www.vetmedsdirect.co.uk

Always found this lot competitive for Drontal
    "Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along, you get thirsty, you spot a little brook, you put your little deer lips down to the cool clear water... BAM! A f**kin bullet rips off part of your head! Your brains are laying on the ground in little bloody pieces! Now I ask ya. Would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son of a bitch who shot you was wearing?"

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    Hi, can anyone supply these at a sensible price? I have heard only good reports of them.
    Last time i used these on all 5 of my dogs it knocked them side ways, was really cold but even terrier inside went down hill bad.
    Going to try panicur, if not that then back to drontrol

Quote Originally Posted by bri2506 View Post
    Going to try panicur,
    Panacur is not a suitable wormer for an adult dog. It is very safe and effective against roundworms [so brilliant for puppies as they are all born with worms] but doesn't kill the most important tapeworms. Tapeworm are much more significant in working dogs than roundworms [puppies and pregnant bitches excluded].

I heard Milbemax kills all internal parasites harmful to dogs, that is why it is prescription only?

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I heard Milbemax kills all internal parasites harmful to dogs, that is why it is prescription only?
    Nah, doesn't kill many burrowing mites, heartworm etc. Any new drugs that go to market have to be prescription only. There is nothing special about Milbemax and I expect it will be downgraded at some point. At least when supplied via the vet route there should be decent advice behind it, rather than some of the weird and useless products and protocols that some people have been told from various sources!

The advantage of the Milbemax is the wide dose rate that one tablet will treat [anywhere between 5-25kg]. We sell many thousands of tablets per year and I only know of one dog in the practice that doesn't tolerate them.

Apache.. should i stay with them or do you advise on another?
    Thanks.

I have full confidence in both Milbemax and Drontal. Both will kill all the worms you are worried about.