Thread: Hi all from new member in Devon.

Hi all from new member in Devon.

Good evening all,
    Having been a regular visitor to your site over the past 12 months viewing various topics i think it is time i introduced myself. I have been shooting & stalking in the Devon & Corwall area for the past 17 years. I currently use a .243 and having a 6.5x47 lapua being made which hopefuuly will be ready in early May. Looking forward to becoming a regular member on your site.

Kind regards

BornToStalk, nice one, welcome to the site, as you will already know you can gain a lot of informtion and chat with interesting like minded people on here, be hearing from you I'm sure.

Many thanks K333ROE, certainly looking forward to learning more.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToStalk View Post
    Good evening all,
    Having been a regular visitor to your site over the past 12 months viewing various topics i think it is time i introduced myself. I have been shooting & stalking in the Devon & Corwall area for the past 17 years. I currently use a .243 and having a 6.5x47 lapua being made which hopefuuly will be ready in early May. Looking forward to becoming a regular member on your site.

Kind regards
    So Born to stalk, what's the deer stalking like down in the Devon & Cornwall area like these days? ...after 17 yrs...you must surely have a few tales to tell?

Don't be shy now...as you can probably gather, there is a fair amount of banter on this site...important not to take it too personally.. even if you do come in for a bit of sledging from time to time... all meant in good fun!

cheers
    50/50

Hi 50/50, Sorry for the late reply i have been away for a week. The stalking on the Reds and Roe has been extremely good over the past couple of years. Been very fortunate to have alot more stalking after completing DMQ level 2. I went out on Friday evening with a good friend to try and shoot my first fallow buck having never shot a fallow deer. Arrived at the stalking ground at 18.30 to see five very good fallow bucks grazing a field just off the wood. My first thoughts, wind perfect, a fairly easy approach, a very good chance at my very first fallow. Just getting ready and out comes the land owner. Good evening chaps would rather you go over the other side of the farm this evening, my guests have arrived earlier than expected. "BUT" Ok no problem, wind all wrong but better show willing, of we went, after a good creep along the edge of the wood i spotted two prickets heading towards a patch of cover, winded us i would say. Caught up with them a little while later but they were one step ahead of me. A cracking evening none the less. Hopefully we will be returning soon.
    Best regards,
    Born to stalk