scopes

donsider

I have come to the conclusion that my Lisenfeld scope on my 308 has seen better days and that a replacement is now necessary.

I was at our range this morning and I could not get it to zero and with the odd round going fairly wide I have come to the conclusion that it would not be safe to use it on deer. After all, I have had it for over sixteen years and has been used regularly for both red deer and roe deer stalking.

So perhaps members can let me know who has the best deals in town for a new scope.

Most appreciative

Donsider

Zeiss duralyt has dropped in price since the new IR version was launched...

£555 for the 3-12x50 at Uttings

Get in touch with Paul Burke and see if he cannot fix it.................... but if you mind is made up send it this way and I'll try to get it fixed :D.

Thanks to all who offered advice I have bought a Leupold from Uttings and expect it here in Aberdeen on Monday. What a good service I received too.

Many thanks

Donsider

I don't wish to put a damper on things donsider but I bought a Leupold from Uttings last year. Initially I was impressed with the service but rather less impressed when I returned the scope as faulty just before Christmas. The repaired scope was returned to me yesterday afternoon after nearly four months away. I was on the verge of taking the matter up with trading standards or even the small claims court.
Uttings weren't willing to resolve the matter sooner because if the scope wasn't found to be defective they wouldn't be credited by the importers GMK. So we had to wait for GMK to collect enough scopes together to send to Germany for repair, Leupold - why Germany? Apparently GMK send batches of scopes away every 6 weeks or so.

I did point out to Uttings that my contract was with them and not GMK and was on the verge of commencing action aginst Uttings when GMK contacted me and loaned me a similar scope so that I would have a scope to use on a boar trip I had planned for the end of February. They didn't have to do this because I had no contract with them but obviously were trying to resolve the situation and maintain good customer relations.

What has come out of this is-
1. That I probably won't buy from Uttings again because their poor customer service.
2. If I have a defect with my Leupold scope in the future I will probably return it direct to the manufacturers rather than go through the dealers and them through the importers.
3. While Leupold are a resonable quality scope with a good reputation for service from the manufacturers I will probably spend the extra money in the future and buy something like a Swarvorski which from experience I know provides tremendous customer service and is represented in this country by excellent importers.

I have come to the conclusion that my Lisenfeld scope on my 308 has seen better days and that a replacement is now necessary.

I was at our range this morning and I could not get it to zero and with the odd round going fairly wide I have come to the conclusion that it would not be safe to use it on deer. After all, I have had it for over sixteen years and has been used regularly for both red deer and roe deer stalking.

So perhaps members can let me know who has the best deals in town for a new scope.

Most appreciative

Donsider

Usually the scope going out doesn't toss an odd, wide round. The zero is usually nonexistent with bullets straying randomly, not just the odd round. I wonder if a new scope will cure what ails you? ~Muir

Thanks to all who offered advice I have bought a Leupold from Uttings and expect it here in Aberdeen on Monday. What a good service I received too.

Many thanks

Donsider

Which model did you get?

Ok so you brought a new scope..................................... hope you like it :D

Now that old Lisenfeld....................... i am serious in that i will have it repaired/serviced if possible as I happen to like them....

i bought a swarvorski 8x56 from your guns, after about 5mths, one of the cross hairs broke(on the lence) so i sent it back, to york gun, who sent it back to germany for repair,which they said would take aprox 6 weeks,the following week i received a set of electronic ear protecters worth (£140)for my trouble, and the scope was sent back to me two weeks later fixed,now thats what i call after service,

repairs

I've just sent a pair of Minox binos away for a minor repair which is covered on the warranty. Had no word back from them for 6 weeks and had to badger my local dealer for info several times.
Happy now though as a brand new pair have just turned up in the post. If only they'd have communicated a little better through the process, I'd have been completely happy.

repairs

I've just sent a pair of Minox binos away for a minor repair which is covered on the warranty. Had no word back from them for 6 weeks and had to badger my local dealer for info several times.
Happy now though as a brand new pair have just turned up in the post. If only they'd have communicated a little better through the process, I'd have been completely happy.

Back