Which two rifles

scrumbag

Okay folks, it's time for one of those what do you reckon questions The "If you could only have rifle, what would it be?" question seems to have been debated a fair bit over the years. So I was wondering, about this: If you could only have two rifles, what would they be?

Let's add some parameters just to keep things sane: Both have to be deer legal calibers and quarry goes from foxes to red stags & wild boar.

I'll start the ball rolling: from my limited experience, I'd go for 6.5x55 and .30-06.

KR,

Scrummy

Okay folks, it's time for one of those what do you reckon questions The "If you could only have rifle, what would it be?" question seems to have been debated a fair bit over the years. So I was wondering, about this: If you could only have two rifles, what would they be?

Let's add some parameters just to keep things sane: Both have to be deer legal calibers and quarry goes from foxes to red stags & wild boar.

I'll start the ball rolling: from my limited experience, I'd go for 6.5x55 and .30-06.

KR,

Scrummy

Assuming you mean for UK stalking only...

I'd take a .243 for Roe stalking, Fox, CWD, Muntjac
I'd take a .308 for Reds, Sika, Boar and target shooting

there's no room for a .22LR for bunnies, so I'd have to knock them down with the .243:evil:

Im more than happy with the one, a 595 tikka stainless poly in 7mm 08. whatever you point it at seems to fall over ok.
can I keep the CZ 22rf?

I had .243 and .308, very rarely used the .308, had plenty of faith in the .243 so I had a rifle with all accessories sat doing nothing, so changed to 22-250 and .270, now I use both, 22-250 on the Roe and the .270 on Red/Sika and Roe if presented when stalking for the bigger species.

TJ

.260 light weight for walked up deer or fox.
.308 heavy sniper type for when i take longer shots on open fields where i can't stalk close.

And i have both already.

im still chasing the holy grail of rifle calibres , i have 6.5x55 and .270

but the 6.5 has not been out since i got the 270 so in thinking of having it re-barreled but bigger than 270 !

so any ideas on a long actioned calibre bigger than 270 ?

amunition not a prob as i reload !

cheers lee

Back