Odd Buck

dalkur

phonepic 007.jpgphonepic 006.jpgphonepic 008.jpg

What do you Guys Think !!!. Shot Friday Morning, It was a Mature Buck weighing in at 40lbs gralloched and had normal Testicles. All Lymph Nodes checked and found to be okay, also no previous injury found.

Dalkur:confused:

Why do you say old, because the coronets are dragging down the side a bit? I think that could be due to the malform nature of the antler growth. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a malform spiker, aged 2 or 3 with a homonal deficiency or that simply just as deformed coronets from a defect.

Have you got the jaw with the teeth to look at?

Yeh Dalkur a right odd one. Do you think maybe he sustained an injury early on in life possibily.?

Rgds, Buck.

Very nice.

He's been out of velvet for quite a while.

Looks a very old buck going back to me.

What a beaut ! Plenty of people would pay very good money to shoot an unusual head like that ! Definately boil it out and prepare it as a 'trophy' !

That will make a great trophy!! I would be interested to see it prepared?

ATB

Rob
243Sako

Dalkur, Shot one similar a couple of years ago in Oxfordshire. It had a small palmation between antlers and the antlers were way short of the length of its ears. It had very worn teeth so assumed it was and old one.

Very unusual head, and as stated has been clean for a while so you would assume he's an older buck.

Would be nice to see pictures of the head cleaned off.

Moose

Hi Guys,
I have skinned the head and boiled it to remove all flesh etc, I will now give it to someone i know who can work wonders in getting them prepared. The Teeth are well worn so would suggest an older animal. I will post a Picture of the head after its fully prepared.

Dalkur

Very interesting head Dalkur, by the sounds of it there seem's to be a few around this year.
it's a beauty :thumb: can't wait to see it prepared and mounted . DF

Back