Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: conditions on quarry - interpretations

conditions on quarry - interpretations

Had a very interesting chat with a firearms officer at L&B police today.

they dont do "any legal quarry" anymore apparently.
    If you have a 243 and it is listed for deer then according to him as far as they are concerned you can shoot anything.

the basis of giving permission for the "largest" quarry negating the need to specify the smaller ones.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    If you have a 243 and it is listed for deer then according to him as far as they are concerned you can shoot anything.
    For peace of mind I think I'd want that in writing from them. Far better to have it all sorted beforehand rather than inside a court of law.

Had a very interesting chat with a firearms officer at L&B police today.

they dont do "any legal quarry" anymore apparently.

the basis of giving permission for the "largest" quarry negating the need to specify the smaller ones.
    I think I would want to see that in writing.

I know what you mean, but I did ask the same question a while back and I wasn't flooded with responses (in fact I got none)

has there ever been a prosecution or conviction (or a caution) of anyone for shooting a fox (or anything else for that matter) whilst only having "deer" on their FAC?

I have never had anything other than "deer" listed for the .270, as have every member of my immediate and extended family (all .270) yet they are not the only quarry that it has been shot with them.

Has anybody, had anybody, looking over their shoulder whilst stalking, to make sure you don't shoot anything other than Deer, if that is all that is listed on their FC, or looking over their shoulder to see that you are using the correct bullet ?

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Has anybody, had anybody, looking over their shoulder whilst stalking, to make sure you don't shoot anything other than Deer, if that is all that is listed on their FC, or looking over their shoulder to see that you are using the correct bullet ?
    Exactly
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

I know what you mean, but I did ask the same question a while back and I wasn't flooded with responses (in fact I got none)

has there ever been a prosecution or conviction (or a caution) of anyone for shooting a fox (or anything else for that matter) whilst only having "deer" on their FAC?

I have never had anything other than "deer" listed for the .270, as have every member of my immediate and extended family (all .270) yet they are not the only quarry that it has been shot with them.
    I have got my .270 conditioned for deer and fox.

I did have to argue the case but in the end they agreed.

I am now trying to get any legal quarry on mine too as I have got an invite for a goat which won't be covered as my FAC says "Deer and Fox control"

Cheers

Ross

I have fox and any other lawful quarry on my FAC for .243 and was told by the firearms dept that would allow me to shoot Deer as well. This was also confirmed by the BASC.

It all varies so much across forces!
    Last edited by caz518; 05-04-2011 at 15:11.

whem i applied for my fac i applied for a 243 for fox and deer. when they came out i explained i wanted it really for foxes (got into deer once i got it) and they said they proably wouldnt have let me have it just for fox as it was demed as over kill.

Quote Originally Posted by comber View Post
    whem i applied for my fac i applied for a 243 for fox and deer. when they came out i explained i wanted it really for foxes (got into deer once i got it) and they said they proably wouldnt have let me have it just for fox as it was demed as over kill.

And the end result was?