Thread: Deben Tristar Pro

Deben Tristar Pro

What an amazing piece of equipment.
    I have shot 15 foxes with it since the 1st jan, with the 6.5x55, and never recharged it & it is still on FULL charge.
    It will light up eyes out to 300 M with a red filter & clearly make out the body of a fox to 200. The dimmer is useful for unlocking gates, reloading, checking snares etc. It is really light and does not get hot & the wires do not get brittle with ampage. There is no bulb to blow & you do not have to focus it. The LEDs will last forever.
    The beam is broad enough to search with & yet narrow enough not to allow too much reflected light off the back off the moderator (blinding the scope).
    There are tonnes of cheap accessories. The only fault is that the filters can get knocked off as they are clip on. I will NEVER go back to using a filament lamp. Deben are really decent to deal with with everything by return of post with no quibble guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by rodkayak View Post
    What an amazing piece of equipment.
    I have shot 15 foxes with it since the 1st jan, with the 6.5x55, and never recharged it & it is still on FULL charge.
    It will light up eyes out to 300 M with a red filter & clearly make out the body of a fox to 200. The dimmer is useful for unlocking gates, reloading, checking snares etc. It is really light and does not get hot & the wires do not get brittle with ampage. There is no bulb to blow & you do not have to focus it. The LEDs will last forever.
    The beam is broad enough to search with & yet narrow enough not to allow too much reflected light off the back off the moderator (blinding the scope).
    There are tonnes of cheap accessories. The only fault is that the filters can get knocked off as they are clip on. I will NEVER go back to using a filament lamp. Deben are really decent to deal with with everything by return of post with no quibble guarantees.
    Hi Rodkayak, thanks for the review. Couple of questions

I had a look on google and got this link to it at http://www.ronniesunshines.com/deben...6221e0c725a34a for 200

I gather it has a rechargeable battery pack which attachs to the lamp with the cable and then onto your belt or into your pocket?
    also see they have the cigarette lighter adapter available which is good for in vehicle.

Was wondering how easy it is to mount on scopes? says it fits 1" tubes. Is that a push on plastic mount? Is that ok or likely to break or fall off with wear?

can it be purchased direct from Deben or only via dealers?

thanks
    Paul

It comes with a 25 mm scope mount that is clip on & off but very robust. If knocked it will rotate.
    This is not a bad thing and can save the lamp if knocked hard. I always loosened the brake & clutch clamps for my enduro bike during a race as this made it less likely to break a lever when I crashed.
    I bought for 7 a alloy 30mm clamp which is more secure. I have a 2-12 x 50 z6i Swaroski.
    You can get it directly from Deben but a good dealer will get it more cheaply.
    I just shot fox number 16 tonight with it.(It still reads full charge after 3 months of use & no recharging). This fox had just killed 23 chickens last night. I put the battery in my pocket. It is about the size of a fag packet & weighs less than a full magazine

i got the tristar-pro (lamp only) 129, a while back to shoot rats with. i chose this model because its small, light and has a dimmer. i use it on a 7ah lead acid battery..the same battery i used a deben max pro on! the max pro would last 15-20 Min's turned on..the tristar hasn't flattened the battery yet!!.. although mine wasn't bought for fox i would have no problems at all using it...as been said by rodkayak ...no more bulbs for me!!