Thread: Strathspey and Minox BF Binos

Strathspey and Minox BF Binos

I have been looking for some binos for under 200 and have read all the positive Minox reviews. I noticed that the BF models are much cheaper, does anyone know the reason why?

I had also looked at the Starthspey Binoculars website and they seems very cheap, but I can't find our much about them. Does anyone know anything?

I had also considered ex army Zeiss binos on ebay, but I have been told they are very heavy!

Any advice welcome!

hi steve,

I have a pair of minox BF binos that i bought about 3 or 4 years ago. They are actually a great piece of kit, when i bout them they were over the 300 mark. If we'r being realistic, they probably arent in the same class as say a pair of swarovski binos. However i have been more than happy with mine. they are relatively light, very good in the early mornings/evenings and very durable. I would be more than happy to buy another pair if i had to replace these.

I was looking on the sportsman gun center website the other day and they have a great deal on them. I dont know how they can sell them for 150...

MINOX BF 10x42 BR - Optics - Gun Shop, Shotguns, Rifles, Pistols, Air Rifles, Airguns, Gun Trader, Rifle Scopes, Accessories, Cabinets, Safes in Dorset and Devon, UK, Sportsman Gun Centre

hope that helps, Dan

SD Regular
    Another Minox fan here. About to dive in the deep end and try one of their scopes......
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by stevec View Post
    I have been looking for some binos for under 200 and have read all the positive Minox reviews. I noticed that the BF models are much cheaper, does anyone know the reason why?

I had also looked at the Starthspey Binoculars website and they seems very cheap, but I can't find our much about them. Does anyone know anything?

I had also considered ex army Zeiss binos on ebay, but I have been told they are very heavy!

Any advice welcome!
    I have Starthspey Binoculars, and they are exellent binos, when i go accompanied stalking, My stalker always comments on how good they are. Even next to his swaros, you will not be dissapointed, i have a small review, pic qual is pants though took on my mobile whislt pigeon shooting.
    bino review

i can take more pics if you like. I know a lot of folk on a few forums that have bought them and are really pleased with them