Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sako .270!!!

sako .270!!!

Still not been able to find what I am looking for! After a .270 75 or 85 but preff a 75. Looking for a synth/stain. Been offered a new finlight for 1300 but not sure about the shorter barrel with my choice of caliber. If anyone knows of somthing out there please let me know.

All the best, Mo

One on Guntrader for 600 at Ivythorn Sporting.

ATB
    Moses

I have this for sale
    Sako 85 Stainless .270wsm
    Threaded
    Bedded into McMillan Grey Marbled Stock
    30mm stainless Opti Lock Rings
    Trigger extremely light and very smooth
    Perfect Condidtion

thanks mildot but I only have .270win on my ticket. All the best with the sale, sounds like a good bit of kit!

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    One on Guntrader for 600 at Ivythorn Sporting.

ATB
    Moses
    cheers for that.

Hi mo
    I have been using a SAKO 75 .270 Win Finnlight for about 8 years, superb bit of kit, and don't worry about accuracy, one hole at 100m, Remington SPCL 130gr 52gr N160, although it did not tighten up until about 100 rounds had gone through it, strange for a Stainless barrel. And best of all really light on the hill ! I don't have a problem with the recoil, as my other favourite Stalking Rifle is my Browning A bolt Stainless Synthetic, very accurate, very light and in 300 Win Mag with Boss ! had that for over 10 years. I have just got a SAKO 75 Hunter in 25-06 for Munty, Roe and Fallow but very effective on Red as well, less felt recoil.
    brgds FlyBoy270

Keep your eyes on Macleods of Tain website. They often have a few .270 rifles on there,thats where I picked up my Sako 691. I can highly reccomend Ivythorn Sporting as well, Steve Beaty the owner is a really good guy to deal with. Good luck in your search. ATB Gareth.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by labrador77 View Post
    Keep your eyes on Macleods of Tain website. They often have a few .270 rifles on there,thats where I picked up my Sako 691. I can highly reccomend Ivythorn Sporting as well, Steve Beaty the owner is a really good guy to deal with. Good luck in your search. ATB Gareth.
    +1 for Steve Beaty - top chap. Odd that Gareth and I both use him and he's miles away....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    +1 for Steve Beaty - top chap. Odd that Gareth and I both use him and he's miles away....
    +2 for Steve, and he's a fair old drive for me too but, never been anywhere with such a good selection of S/H rifles especially Sako.

I've bought 3 rifles off Steve over the years. Without a doubt one of the most helpful, honest, genuine dealers out there IMHO.