Thread: your first deer

your first deer

I still remember my first ever deer stalked and shot like it was this morning, from the drive down to the ground and the anticipation on what to expect to spotting a deer in the wild oblivious to my pressance.I remember only too well the heart thumping when the beast was in my sites and then the relief and joy of a good shot! I remember my guid and his great knowledge and patience. A memory I will never forget. Who else remembers there first deer? all the best, Mo

Well i remeber mine 17 years old out knocking foxes out of cover in a now nature reserve behind my house only to see a nice buck and took it with three shots from the pump action not a very joyful start at all but after disposing of nearly half the carcase through waist and brusing it was time to learn quick and i hope i did for mine and the deer sake.

Remember it clearly. Nice 6 point Roe Buck when I was 7 years old. Still got the head on the wall.

Remember my first, 48 years ago. Thirteen was sent up the plantation behind the house to get a buck damaging the young trees. Good shot, the doe died instantly My dad, the gamekeeper, was not best pleased. Roe were not prolific. Reds were more common around Amulree at that time. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Remember my first, 48 years ago. Thirteen was sent up the plantation behind the house to get a buck damaging the young trees. Good shot, the doe died instantly My dad, the gamekeeper, was not best pleased. Roe were not prolific. Reds were more common around Amulree at that time. Jim