Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New firearms cuorier

New firearms Courier

RFD NET. http://www.rfdnet.net/

Is a new courier service, offering door to door delivery of any section 1 or 2

Firearm from anywhere in the UK.( Fully authorised Registered Firearms Dealer)

All Firearms are fully Insured and Satallite Tracked during transit.

This will allow RFD's to deliver direct to the buyers.

In the past retailers have had to deliver to a second RFD local to the buyer

which may accure extra cost.

Costs per delivery are set to be under 50.

Door to Door Almost sounds to good to be true.

Rgds, Buck.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 06-04-2011 at 22:34.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Cheers Buck,

I'll definitely be using them.

Regards

Mike.
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) http://www.jelender.com

My understanding is that a firearm may not be posted or shipped other than to a registered dealer.

I'll be keeping a watching brief on this one, it sounds TOO good though!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I'm guessing, as the courier is an RFD it solves the issue your alluding to dodgyrog. But I await further info with glee.

MMMMMMMMMMM if they started delivering ammo too it could see prices drop. Bushwear usually at x for 60 about usual but then take in the two hours travel, brouse and buy (when do you just buy ammo) then the 10 in fuel for the journey. The thing is if you could pay for buying 100 even a tenner for delivery to the door would be a saving. I can see this service expanding,
    Jim

As far as I can remember it has been possible to set up a section 5 delivery company for a long time as long as you comply with the strict regulations but because of the cost very few people have actualy set one up.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

This is a great idea if it can be made to work, my reading is that the courier is the RFD. I assume the delivery driver would be listed as an approved employee and could hand over the firearm to the buyer and complete the transfer paperwork.

Clever if it works. I would be concerned that there is not sufficicent volume to support a business like this. Haulage works on an area collection, groupage and redistribution basis. If they have to collect a rifle in Devon and deliver it to Perth, 50 isn't much money to get a profit from.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    As far as I can remember it has been possible to set up a section 5 delivery company for a long time as long as you comply with the strict regulations but because of the cost very few people have actualy set one up.

This firm state section 1 & 2 only. No mention of section 5, so the bar may be lower for this. I know a guy here in NI who is a licensed section 5 carrier. He has an anonymous transit van, but inside the van is like Fort Knox. Anyway he is transporting pistols and large volumes of ammo from the UK importers to N Ireland.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Rangefinder View Post
    I'm guessing, as the courier is an RFD it solves the issue your alluding to dodgyrog. But I await further info with glee.
    you are correct they are an rfd!..they say that they can send your firearm to a buyer any where in the uk,..and if the buyer doesn't want it return it to you. so putting your rifle in their hands is like leaving it with an RFD to sell for you..it seems like a good idea to me but for only one thing how can it be done for under 50!..the only way i can think of is that they will have other RFD involved with small cars/vans throughout the UK making it like a RFD/courier franchise. they are in an area known as "the golden triangle" in the transport industry..making there base perfect for a hub and spoke system!