Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Variation

Variation

Hi guys, I sent off a one for one variation about 6 Weeks ago with west mercia. It was a straight swap a .222 for a .243, for stalking and fox control. I just wondered how long other peoples variations took, and is there anything I can do to help speed up the process, as I rang them this morning and was told by a very snotty lady that they had staff shortages and they did not know how long it will take. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    John

Is West Mercia such a hot-bed of firearms activity that it requires approx 30 working days to re-type a type written form and stick it in the post?
    I don't know what you can do about it other than write to the chief constable expressing your dissatisfaction with his firearm licensing department's performance.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

On a good week Humberside would have it back to you within 7 days, on a bad week within 10 days.

just before i sent mine in my mate applied for a variation for a .223 and got it back within 3 weeks, I wouldn't mind but I phoned them about 3 weeks ago and they said I would hear from them in about a week and a half 3 weeks later and I still haven't heared anything and when I rang this morning the paper work had still not be allocated to a feo. The thing is you could actually loose land to shoot over because of this as I'm not shooting any foxes.

Same goes for essex always less than 2 weeks, but things might change as half the FEO's are going because of the police budget being cut, be interesting to know if the same is happening country wide.

Sussex. On week 7, lots of excuses, currently the certificate bulge!

Hi
    I have removed this thread as i have had some negative feed back from one of your member.
    I will also remove all the other threads I have started as he dose not like the questions i have been asking, and will withdraw from using this web site if this is the sort of reply i can expect.
    Have many types of rifles and also do the full range of shooting not just target.
    Thanks to the members that have given me a proper answer to my questions

Thanks
    Andy
    Last edited by ANDY T; 09-04-2011 at 17:54.

Don't do anything regarding firearms applications etc by telephone unless you really have too. So easy to get fobbed off and the response you get will be directly proportional to how much the caller before you pissed them off! Get the head of the departments email address and use that for all communications, this way you have a written record of whats said and, most likely, the HoD will simply forward your query to a minion saying sort this. JC

Telephone the Chief Officer's Admin person, explain the customer experience you are having with his employees, if your complaint is on good ground, stand back & watch the fireworks.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Same goes for essex always less than 2 weeks, but things might change as half the FEO's are going because of the police budget being cut, be interesting to know if the same is happening country wide.
    I took all the forms and associated mape etc into Norfolk Police HQ on Monday and was told due to staff cut backs it may take 3 months

mike