Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Stalking near Inverness

Roe Stalking near Inverness

Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use my Tikka .243. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing. No Trophy fees but a good bottle of Malt would be appreciated if you get yourself a decent one !

B&B also available - - www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. The Bucks have started and there are quite a few good ones. Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £1 per pound. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
    Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
    Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by JRoe View Post
    Roe Stalking for skilled or novice Hunters. Bring your own Rifle or you’re welcome to use my Tikka .243. Instruction available if required. From only £80 per outing (Approx four hours). If an extra opportunity should arise after your successful stalk that would be fine, however you are restricted to two Roe per outing. No Trophy fees but a good bottle of Malt would be appreciated if you get yourself a decent one !

B&B also available - - www.cromalbank.com - - with pickup from Airport or Railway Station if required. The Bucks have started and there are quite a few good ones. Good easy walking areas - - mixed arable with plenty woodland. Companions are welcome and you may take your Venison home with you for a moderate £1 per pound. Here's a link if you want an idea of the ground - -
    Flash Earth - Zoom into satellite and aerial imagery of the Earth in Flash

It is mainly the woodland on the east side marching with the Fort George Ranges on the west.
    Contact me, John Ross on 01667 462 166 or 07774 742 227 or cromalbank@aol.com for more info and available dates etc.

Thankyou.
    Hi, John - I believe I spoke to you last year, but if there is any outings left I want two or three in July or early August when they are in full summer coat ( for mounting) I will be more than happy to provide you with a fine malt for a nice one!. Bill.

Hello Bill -- yes I remember speaking to you. July 18th until the 22nd and August 1st and 2nd are free. Pick whichever days suit you - - Mornings or evenings - - etc

Regards

John

oe bucks

Quote Originally Posted by JRoe View Post
    Hello Bill -- yes I remember speaking to you. July 18th until the 22nd and August 1st and 2nd are free. Pick whichever days suit you - - Mornings or evenings - - etc

Regards

John
    Hi, John - Monday 18th July morning and evening please. Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    Hi, John - Monday 18th July morning and evening please. Bill.
    Aye Bill - - that's you in the book - - looking forward to it. Would you give me a call nearer then - - 01667 462166 / 07774 742227 - - to arrange time etc

regards

JR

Will do John. Looking forward to it....

Out with Craig, my guest this morning, for a bit of hard woodland stalking. Very, very quiet today. Not a breath of wind. Saw 9 Bucks and a few Does. Almost got on to a couple early on but the stillness defeated us.
    We had almost resigned ourselves to a blank morning when Craig spotted a nice Buck lying down about 60 yards away. He was keeping an eye on us but Craig got onto the sticks and shot him cleanly. Text book stuff.

JR

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    All I can say is "Cracking", I was out with John foxing although I missed one , I did see a good number of Roe on the ground, 9 Bucks, I saw another on the way home, so 10 in total and I think it was 7 Doe, although I wasn't counting them.

All the deer seen were in fantastic condition, Some of the Bucks were very big indeed. Obvious to see he manages the ground well.

Thanks John, enjoyed the company, a good laugh.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Hello everyone - - just thought I'ld slide this up the listings again. Been dry here for the last few weeks - - same as most places I suspect. A little rain here, on and off, for the last couple o days. Everything really green though and a lot of Roe out early and late. Other than the Rape most of the other crops are an ideal size. Why not come up and give it a try ?

JR

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    JRoe, drove through your ground last night (Public access roads before anyone passes comment). Some nice deer still showing on it, just as the sun was setting. Looking good.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position