Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen pals in the forces.

Pen pals in the forces.

We all spend an hour at least every day on the forum.
    It takes half an hour ish to write a letter. I`m sure there`s plenty of folk in the forces abroad who would like to keep in touch with someone here.
    Don`t forget, not everyone has a Mrs or Mr to communicate with.
    basil.

Good thinking Basil but where would a likely person find contact details? If they so wished.

nutty

Re: Pen pals in the forces.

Quote Originally Posted by basil
    We all spend an hour at least every day on the forum.
    It takes half an hour ish to write a letter. I`m sure there`s plenty of folk in the forces abroad who would like to keep in touch with someone here.
    Don`t forget, not everyone has a Mrs or Mr to communicate with.
    basil.
    I think its a nice idea, but I'm not sure our soldiers would appreciate getting unsolicited mail from a bunch of blokes they don't know, if you get my drift!

Get your wife, mother or daughter to write it and you'd be onto a winner though!

When I go to the gulf again, you can all send me pictures of your wives, girlfriends and daughters (over 18 only). As long as they are minimum 5' 10, blonde, or brunette, or red head or black haired, dressed to thrill.
    J

pen pals

In the falklands
    and other places we had a Crufts and a battersea board!Dont see to many off the lads/ ladesses replying,however if they do, they will get a days red stalking for nowt.MOD 90 CURRENT REQUIRED. subject to my partners say so !.
    Trapper.

I reckon the days of letter writing, Pen Pals, in the forces are nearly all but gone as most speak to their wives, girlfriends and mates by mobile phone most days while they are away.
    Any of the single lads that don't have been known to place ads in the dedicated forces magazines and they certainly aint asking for blokes to write/phone them!!!!

Forces Penpals

Not a bad idea........if you want details of Service Personel to write to you can pick up a copy of "Soldier" magazine.

As for the blokes using mobiles to stay in touch, have you seen what they earn compared to mobile phone charges ????

And let alone this,there is a thing called Op Sec !!!!!!

Basil has the right idea though, our service personel should be in our thoughts whether away on Op's in the middle east or at home, Help for Heroes is a great charity to support.

What about offering soldiers the oppurtunity to have a "FREE" guided stalk when they are back home ????

!What about offering soldiers the oppurtunity to have a "FREE" guided stalk when they are back home ????'

An excellent idea and I'm sure you will be taken up on it mostly by the guys that are already interested in Stalking and are possibly members of the Services Branch of The Deer Society.
    They are the ones that have access to all MOD land already and keep all they shoot, some make quite a packet from venison.

A days Pheasant shooting would probably be more popular amonst the rank and file soldiers.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC
    A days Pheasant shooting would probably be more popular amonst the rank and file soldiers.
    Not me! I'm a "rank & file" soldier, and though I am working towards being a member of DDM (ex SB of BDS) it will NOT give me access to all MOD land, so any opportunity to stalk is welcome

Missing the POINT !!!

"Rank and File", Mr EMcC stop watching Blackadder goes forth and think about the "modern" Army, many as you put it "Rank & File" soldiers that i have work with are extremley well educated.

Were you offended by the word "FREE", i think if you read how this discussion started you will find you need to adjust your windage slightly.........Is it ok to offer a free stalk to someone on this website but NOT someone who is fighting for this country ????