Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Landroveritis

Landroveritis

Now cured of 30+ years of Landroveritis!, pick up the Jimny next Friday!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Hmmm you will be looking over your shoulder then for the Solihull Hit squads then.

Well when you get it stuck give me a ring and i will come and tow you out...... with a real 4x4...

I had loads of Ninteys and think they are the best thing since sliced bread, "BUT" dont discount the Suzy's.
    I had a fling with a sj 1.3 once , you just couldn't get it stuck ! not much elbow room though and it was hard shooting from it single handed .
    Another small car that impressed me was the diahatsu terrios i had a night out lamping with one of those it seemed to go anywhere too. DF

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Welcome to the Jimmy club,a very capable little offroader
    Cheers, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post

atleast your fuel bill bill will be much lighter for it though !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

I have had both and my Jimny auto was 400 a year to tax and done over 22mpg very rarely, so inefficient... too small but able and easy to work on. But a Defender is an Icon which no ricemobile will ever be,

Steve, I have had two jimny's now, and sadly to say you are never cured of Landroveritis, you just go in to remission.

You will notice your wallet stays full for longer, and the spanners will gather dust, mainly as you will have nowhere to carry them

If you feel the need to uprate the jimny to make it more off-roady, and they are damn capable already (having a rear diff-lock) have a look at these sites;
    http://www.kapsuzuki4x4.co.uk/
    http://www.rhinorays.co.uk/

Yours from a fellow sufferer, Simon

Edit; Have seen the above post and can tell you both mine have been auto's and do around 36mpg dodging around, more on a run.

S.
    Last edited by flytie; 09-04-2011 at 16:32.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Hvae to say , had the 90/disco's and went for the shogun, isuzu and landcruiser after for family comfort and reliability. Mistake , back to the 90's now. gave her a wash last w/end as I'd had her a year .
    Parts are cheap and it goes were it is meant. Never had a Jimmy though so can't comment. They do look small though, will need an organised man I reckon

ONE LIFE LIVE IT . . . . . . . why spend your weekends under a landy bonnet
    Last edited by norma 308; 09-04-2011 at 17:07.