Why shooters should vote for AV

As there was a link to the electoral reform site supporting AV, this should balance things out.......

http://www.no2av.org/

If we had AV in the last election we may still have found ourselves under Mr Brown and his people, and we know how much they all supported the countryside.

Just read that it estimates around £300 million to introduce AV. I think the country needs to keep that sort of money at the moment!

Last edited:
AV, A sort of Chinese parliament?, bit like having more of a finer choice, I'm sick to the back teeth of this endless seesawing backwards & forwards between the same old same old.

Your post smacks of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
No. I am also a taxpayer. And I would rather the facility be dismantled and destroyed (CHEAPER) that dismantled and re-erected at Bisley (EXPENSIVE) tobe used by...probably nobody. No one.

Just, at great expense, to be a facility that the NRA can boast of having and yet be never ever used.

Because if you look at the history of the NRA you will see that they have a poor record of stewardship of facilities that don't interest their very limited view of shooting.

The most recent example? Shorts Range being destroyed so that...a clay pigeon layout could be constructed! A clay pigeon layout! Because, of course, there is such a surplus of rifle ranges around the M25 belt and such a shortage of clay pigeon layouts that Shorts Range could be sacrificed.

Giving anything like this to the NRA simply reinforces its importance in a period of the last three decades when it has failed at every test to defend those shooting sports it claims stewardship of.

Quite simply put the survival of shooting with rifled arms after the next (and there will be one) Monkseaton if it depends on the NRA is unlikely. So to gift to them a pistol shooting facility that would never be used as much as if gifted to Northern Ireland is just stupid.

The NRA already has a "secure" facility for pistol shooting. Plus Gallery Range and Time Limit Range that used to be and is now no longer used for pistols. Why does Bisley therefore need another pistol shooting facility when it already has two that it doesn't use?

With petrol costing more and more and military ranges closing in the Midlands at a great rate (or being denied to civilian shoooters) what the UK needs is a MIDLANDS or NORTH OF THE MIDLANDS satellite national shooting facility. NOT more facilities to be left under used or unused at Bisley!

Lastly national taxpayers' money paid for this. Thus it should be open to ALL taxpayers and not (as it would at Bisley) subject to a requirement that users be members of the NRA.

If public money paid for it it should be a public range. Not, as ALL the ranges at Bisley are, available ONLY to fully paid up NRA members. That's right. Joeor Gill Public, even if suitably licensed, just can't turn up at Bisley and ask to use Zero Range. If they aren't a fully paid up member of the NRA they won't be allowed to shoot. Period! You can't even now turn up and use Zero Range as a member of an affilited club. Its be a full NRA Member or that is it...you DO NOT OTHERWISE GET TO "TURN UP" TO USE ANY RANGE. Not even Zero Range.

Or, in very, very limited circumstances, ranges hired by NRA affiliated clubs...and just even try getting one of those few chances nowadays!

So as a stalker, a taxpayer, that paid for the Olympic 2012 facilities of they are at Bisley unless you are an NRA member (or so rarely as to be irrelevant member of an NRA affilitaed club) you just won't EVER, EVER be allowed to use the facilities your tax pounds paid for. Or without paying the NRA its exhorbitant fee for a Certificate of Shooting Competency.

So it is not cutting my nose to spite my face. It is simply saying that as a taxpayer I want those facilities open to all. Not reserved to a select clique or coterie.

And if not open to all then, as a taxpayer, the cheaper choice. To have them dismantled and destroyed or sold for salvage is my preferred option.

Last edited:
Back