Thread: catton park

catton park

Hi, Guys anyone back from Catton Park Fair. Whats it like ?
    How big is it?
    Is it worth going.
    Cheers High seat.

HI did not think it was as good as last year seams to be a lot more market/country clothing stores if you no what i mean (dont mean to be snoby) i live in derbyshire but wood not travel any distance to it

Thanks neil,I have just looked at list of Exhibitors.
    I think i will take your advice cheers High seat.

I went today,(Sunday), I always go everywhere early, I was first in the public gate @ 08.29 & was back in the house for 12.20, had a look at the Brock & Norris rifle for H4H, very nice bit of work & listened to how the list of prizes had grown, found a tea/coffee trailer that was civilised enough to have paper cups on on board instead of those god awful f****'n styrene things,I had a look at the folding Gambrels in Dave Strettons tent, he didn't have a card terminal, so I'll phone the order through Monday, good job I hadn't taken any wedge though as quite a few good prices around, although I baulked at the price of the Aim dragbags , I was looking for a tripe knife, but not on the usual scale (the standard one would look like a scimitar in my hand!) Bingo!.... Moonraker had three sizes, so I bagged two of the miniature ones for 21.00 Not a fair on the usual size / scale, but enjoyed the flyby......... roll on Weston!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

We enjoyed it... got there at 11am and stayed until 5pm, kids loved it and were well behaved for a change. They usually get bored when I'm talking guns but this time Jack (7) actually got involved in a chat about reloading with one of the guys from BASC.
    Even Toto (small dog big bark) had a good day... lots of bums to sniff

We came back with a few goodies... moderator cover, bullet wallet, shoot 'n' see targets, fox caller, cammo T-shirt, some ear plugs and a laser bore sighter. Wife got a wax jacket and a pair of riding boots. Jack wanted a shooting stick and Becca (5) was happy with a bag of sweets
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    We enjoyed it... got there at 11am and stayed until 5pm, kids loved it and were well behaved for a change. They usually get bored when I'm talking guns but this time Jack (7) actually got involved in a chat about reloading with one of the guys from BASC.
    Even Toto (small dog big bark) had a good day... lots of bums to sniff

We came back with a few goodies... moderator cover, bullet wallet, shoot 'n' see targets, fox caller, cammo T-shirt, some ear plugs and a laser bore sighter. Wife got a wax jacket and a pair of riding boots. Jack wanted a shooting stick and Becca (5) was happy with a bag of sweets
    Si
    can't ask for more than that

Steve
    did see your landy parked in the front aisle but never clocked you as I walked around, I did look for the bearded one but no joy

I myself with OH did hav a good look around several times
    stopped in at a few tents and stands for a look and a natter
    didn't spend much as there was not the items I was after on sale
    but on the whole it was as I expected so can't complain

Ritch, you were probably foxed by the pelage change, (down to the wood now, all over!), Steve.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!