Tree damage?

RED-DOT

My cars sit below a Sycamore tree and i honest couldn't be more sick of it.. it gives off a brown bud at this time of year that leaves a sap all over.. I can rub it off with a Vileda pan scourer with hot soapy water but it takes hours.. Anyone found a shortcut?
Thanks.

I tried a fitted cover on my eurobox and i think it was either stolen or fancied living on a better car.

Get yourself a bike and some Bees. It's one of the first and best sources of nectar for them at this time of year - - and look how good you're gonna feel about saving the Planet !

but a cordless drill and glyphos isnt

Glysophate is very good but you should only use it on stumps!

Think about how you would remove a dead tree?

Dependant on The time of year Glysphate can be used on the foilage in a spray form. It will be absorbed through the vascular system down through the cambium down to the roots. This should only be used in this manner on shrubs and weeds!

I would strongly advise you not to poison this tree as it will cost you more to remove when dead!

Last edited:
we had same problems at my mothers house. if not washed every week it will ruin the paint work as it did on mine my brothers and my dads. but that was more down to being lazy and not washing the cars.lol.stav

Plenty comediens:lol:
Try rubbing it with half an orange. Works on some sap. Used it when my hands were blackened cutting cyprus laylandi back. Th eacid in the orange soffened the gum to release it. Found out by accident when I was pealing an orange and found my hands clean. Must have ate the sap with the orange,
Jim

Plenty comediens:lol:
Try rubbing it with half an orange. Works on some sap. Used it when my hands were blackened cutting cyprus laylandi back. Th eacid in the orange soffened the gum to release it. Found out by accident when I was pealing an orange and found my hands clean. Must have ate the sap with the orange,
Jim

I bet that was difficult Jim considering your reputation of peeling them in your pocket mate:lol:

Don't poison the tree. One it's a pretty bad idea with a mature tree and may damage rather than kill it. Two, it may very well be illegal and land you in court. I know precisely what I'm talking about believe me.

If the tree is your own then consider removing it but always check with the Local Authority first as to whether it has a tree preservation order or not. If it hasn't then consult a reputable tree surgery contractor (an approved list can be found at Arboricultural Association which is the website of the arboricultural association) Don't employ anyone without proof of insurance and qualifications as this will cost you more in the long run if anything goes wrong.
If it has a TPO then you will need to make an application to remove it through the local authority.
If they refuse then the appeal process is free.
Avoiding the issue with the paintwork is the only cure. Parking beneath the tree will always result in a sticky mess which is very difficult to remove. Park elsewhere or remove the tree are your only viable options.

Regards

G

Back