Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASE Jet-Z Compact!!

ASE Jet-Z Compact!!

I went to check the zero on my 6.5x55 today, I had been playing at getting the gaps on the rings evenly spaced, so I went for a social shoot over at the club.

I was shooting next to a pleasant chap called Anthony, I kept calling him Andy (sorry Anthony ), who was using a moderated left handed Tikka. I thought it was a .22 centrefire he was using. But no! It was a .308 with an ASE Jet-Z Compact on the end! What a huge difference it made when he took it off

I had just settled in my mind on buying a Roedale, then I hear this extremely quiet moderator working Now I am unsure what to buy It will still probably be the Roedale because of the weight difference.

But I can honestly say that I have never heard a more effective off-the-shelf moderator than the ASE Jet-Z compact, a truely marvellous piece of kit if you need to keep the noise down for the neighbours!!

It's a small world, turns out we (Anthony and I) have friends in common, even the extremely generous Willie-Gunn from on this site!

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

They are very good and I have experience with 26-06 and 6.5x55, both of which are "quieter" with the Jet-z than with T8's. I got the .270 size one for my 6.5 and it is fine but some retailers suggest the bigger version should be used on the 6.5. Chap from the ASE factory confirmed that the .270 size was good upto and including 6.5.

Simon,they are very good bits of kit,i have one and they are very good,i would perhaps buy a northstar if i were in the market for another one
    Cheers ATB

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

+1 I have a Jet-Z ultra on my .308 and it reduces noise,blast and recoil tremendously, to date I have only fired 1 round out of 60 unmoderated as the blast and recoil was so much higher and I am a wimp mind you after the 8-9th shot the mirage through the sights starts to get a bit much
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I also have a Jet Z CQB on my 222 Rem. Heavy, but quiet and built to last a long time.
    Toby

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Simon,they are very good bits of kit,i have one and they are very good,i would perhaps buy a northstar if i were in the market for another one
    Cheers ATB
    Wolverine, my good friend how the devil are you?

I have had a look at the Northstar, no reduction in decibels from the Jet-Z and is as heavy as the T8, so i don't think that's the way i will go.

The Jet-Z, while being mild steel, has an incredible level of performance for it's size. It looks so dinky, yet is so effective, incredibly so. I was not the only one to remark upon the fact that the .308 in question sounded like a .22 C/F. Much smaller than the S5 too, I am sure it will rot sooner being mild steel, but for the occassional stalker who looks after his kit I cannot imagine a better, quieter moderater.

I still think that the CMM4 and the Roedale, particularly the Roedale, are the way forward for me, but weight and carrying it are a particular problem for me.

Simon
    Last edited by flytie; 10-04-2011 at 16:06. Reason: Lack of talent!
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

ive had the cqb ase which is made wiht the same steel as the compact. and ive had it 4 years and not one bit of rust on it.

I also have a JET-Z on my 308 and it is very good.
    I have a stainless roedale on my 6.5x55 and it is also very quiet.
    It helps if you match the mod to the calibre, my jet-z is for 30 cal and my roedale
    is for 6.5 cal.
    I tried my 30 cal jet-z on my mates 243 and it was louder.

Quote Originally Posted by palo View Post
    I also have a JET-Z on my 308 and it is very good.
    I have a stainless roedale on my 6.5x55 and it is also very quiet.
    It helps if you match the mod to the calibre, my jet-z is for 30 cal and my roedale
    is for 6.5 cal.
    I tried my 30 cal jet-z on my mates 243 and it was louder.
    had jet-z had t8 had roedale now got a-tec cmm6 by far the best
    Last edited by monte; 10-04-2011 at 19:23.

Quote Originally Posted by monte View Post
    had jet-z had t8 had roedale now got a-tec cmm6 by far the best
    I tried the a-tec cmm6 but found the jet-z and roedale quieter.