Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong place unfortunately

Wrong place unfortunately

Unfortunately for this chap he had got in amongst the estate owners ornamental sheep and lambs, and had been in there four days or more.

I got the call friday afternoon to remove him a.s.a.p, and as I happened to be home I geared up and went over.

I did not know if I would have to shoot him or try and get him out by other means.

It took me a while to find him, bump I should say as he was tucked in under a thorn hedge in the shade, it was 18c on Friday.

As soon as I bumped him he was up and away but limping quite badly on his right side although I could not see any visible injury.
    He was up and away in the wrong direction for me, as he was headed toward the public road end of the estate.
    I stalked him as best I could with little and no cover at times except the fence line which was not great. This went on for an hour or so and I could see through the bino's that he was getting more stressed out and panting quite hard.
    I could have shot him half a dozen times but he just kept that road behind him so no way a safe shot. I settled down to watch him for a while and to see if he would settle down and allow me to get in closer(400m, too far) and away from the sheep but he just would not settle.
    I decided to go through the fence and join him and the sheep and wondering if I looked anything like a sheep in cammo and doubled up like someone with a very bad back.

Anyway, as you can see he did give me the broadside shot at 200m so it ended well for me but not for him.
    Why the alladins slippers I dont know. He had no other visible injuries and he had all his tackle and was on a good estate with an abundance of food, must have been living well as he was 35lb clean in the larder.
    There are parts of the 20 acre sheep fields that are only post, rail and wire which he could have cleared with no trouble but he would not jump over even when he was stressed because I was there.

If the alladins slippers had been on his rear cleaves I could understand why he would not jump the fence.............

Who knows

Good job i would say the problem was quite clear he had a knife sticking in his head and i am sure that might cause him to limp Well done good write up.

Thanks for this. I have not seen slippers in the few deer I have shot.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    Good job i would say the problem was quite clear he had a knife sticking in his head and i am sure that might cause him to limp Well done good write up.
    6P, you're damn right! It was a hell of a throw with that knife at 200m

Well done Max!

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Well done mate, you want to be careful bending over and pretending to be a sheep if you ever visit Shopshire

Ha bloody Ha 6p and Simon, I didn,t see that one coming

Wayne I cant belive you are still at work or, could it be your on line at last

Bend over in front of you guys, yea right. Rat up a drain pipe comes to mind

Max

I once shot a doe with feet like these on a farm with arable, lots of sheep and cattle. The liver was very badly fluked. How was the liver in this deer?

Regards JCS

Laminitis is a beggar and I imagine no cure except with out vetinary attention
    might explian why it did not want to jump as it was to sore on the front end and realised how much it will hurt on landing
    good call and well taken beast

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Laminitis is a beggar and I imagine no cure except with out vetinary attention
    might explian why it did not want to jump as it was to sore on the front end and realised how much it will hurt on landing
    good call and well taken beast
    Good call Stone, had not considered Laminitis.

Liver was perfect jcampbell