Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad I got this boy

Glad I got this boy

I shot this boy this afternoon about 4:30 pm, I havent seen him before but I wish i'd had an eye ball on him earlier.
    He had a very bad infection in a hind leg which i'm not sure if was broken but it looked sadly a bit like a .22rf round had done the damage.
    All the checked lymph nodes were swollen and he had a large pussy abcess next to the mesenteric chain.
    The poor lad was doing well to fight the infection and was holding good body weight with plenty of fat, but im glad he is out of the way.

Attachment 6028 Attachment 6031 Attachment 6030

Well managed Jamie. He's now in the best place. Hope you've got a few cull bucks left later in the year and I see the old Browning is still knocking them down.
    Cheers
    GAZ

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    Well managed Jamie. He's now in the best place. Hope you've got a few cull bucks left later in the year and I see the old Browning is still knocking them down.
    Cheers
    GAZ
    Cheers Gaz, yes he was best removed the poor bugger. Funnily enough he was shot from the same high seat you took your buck and yes the old browning is still on form.

He was a great deer to remove mate I wouldn't have thought twice.
    Its nice to shoot 1 or 2 yourself now and again, I look foroward to bumping into a pricket or 1 like the one you shot.
    10 bucks now and not a shot fired by me.

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Its nice to shoot 1 or 2 yourself now and again, I look foroward to bumping into a pricket or 1 like the one you shot.
    You need to get out and reward yourself with a nice 6 pointer mate

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    You need to get out and reward yourself with a nice 6 pointer mate
    I know would have liked this one this morning shot at 15 m's

By yorkshireroe at 2011-04-12

Or Derek last night.

By yorkshireroe at 2011-04-12

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    I know what you mean John, I hardly shoot any nowadays like I used too and it is nice to take a few now and again for yourself.
    Im contemplaiting keeping the new bit of ground i've just got purely for my own place to escape and invite the odd mate a chance for a beast.

Newbie question time: Is that carcass fit for consumption, or condemned?

I wouldn't touch it personnaly, I would think the DMQ and Animal health would agree. As stated in the first post all checked lymph nodes where swollen which indicates the presence of disease and/or infection, infection which is obvious from the picture and why it was posted. Ya don't eat sick or ill animals.

But on the other hand cockerdog said he was in good condition, and given the cause of injury is bleeding obvious, na it could be hiding something under lying. I still wouldn't.

If in doubt don't... Or give it to the in-laws

Just after I posted my question I did see the thread in the welfare topic, about swollen mesenteric node and the meat still entering the food chain. I suppose having all nodes swollen is greater cause for concern.

I wouldn't know what to do with a decent sized beast if I wasn't going to butcher it!

Makes me wonder though, how long have stalkers been made aware of all these signs of disease?