Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: game camera

Regular Poster

game camera

has anyone used one of theese, infra red motion sensor devices. i am having trouble with locks being damaged, and off road motorcycles and quad bikes at a forestry block i lease.
    just wondered if one of theese devices would be of any use, or a waste of money. if you have used one, was it any good ?

I don't have a game camera and have never used one but recently I looked into the possibility of getting one.

After some research the bottom line seemed to be that most people were unhappy in some way with their camera. In your case I would image that relatively long trigger times would be your problem as any bike or vehicle would probably be gone from the area the camera is pointed at before the photo was taken giving you a photo of a seemingly empty bit of ground. The only cameras that I could find that got universally good reviews and that seemed less likely to break down were made by a firm called Reconyx. I've never seen one but they claim a very fast trigger time and lots of other nice features and they cost an arm and a leg.

In the end I decided that the cost to get something reliable that worked well was just too much and so gave up on the idea.

Regular Poster
    thanks for your thoughts,does anyone else have any experience with theese devices ?

Ive used wildview cameras with no problems , if you had it pointing at the door i cant see any problems as long as you get the external battery pack . I would screw a blank firing alarm gun to the back wall and a wire to the bike

bushnell do one now with black led`s that are invisible to humans and if you face them at a locked gate it will have pics by the time they have got near with bolt cutters, or go high tech and get the HCO scoutguard and get the pics sent to your mobile or email address as they are breaking in....

http://www.scouting-cam.com/hcoscsggsmwi.html

Id still put a tracker on the bike

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
    bushnell do one now with black led`s that are invisible to humans and if you face them at a locked gate it will have pics by the time they have got near with bolt cutters, or go high tech and get the HCO scoutguard and get the pics sent to your mobile or email address as they are breaking in....

This one I like, imagine finding someone has nicked your camera and then finding you have been e-mailed a photo of them doing it!
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

been using one of these http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.p...37&ClassID=249 for about 8-10 weeks now got some amazing pictures of Fallow,Munties & Roe, Fox,Badger and lots of walkers with dogs that shouldn't be their, if well tucked away 99% people dont spot them even with the red light going off but we have had a couple of pics of people staring straight at the camerra trying to work out what it is that is glowing red in the bushes !! bike lock through the side and round the tree has been a good enough deterant so far !

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post

Not sure if you could use that in court though as we set up a little CCTV network at my dads place up and down the road ( a neighbour hood idea as the police were a bit slow to respond) got some real good pictures of the t$#s in the acts of vandalism and got them arrested but when the CPS saw the pictures they said they were inadmissible as there were no warning sings up saying there was a CCTV network in place even though they were on private land and in fact we could have been liable for prosecution for not applying for permission to use them in the first place it infringed upon the liberty to walk down the street. Dispite the fact that the little darlings had caused Łks of damage. Good for not disturbing the land though for recon though a nice idea I like it.