Thread: syndicate costs

syndicate costs

hi guys. right after the big shin dig on an other post on here, i,m would like to know what people pay for there syndicate p.a.and over what acre's and stuff. as i,m new to stalking i,m just trying to get rough idea of costs and stuff. if people do not wish me to know dunt post or if you do not want eveyrone to see pm me. as for my spelling and grammar, if i,d have learnt owt at school i wouldn't be a scaffolder. cheers stav

A few years ago I would say the going rate of a southern Scottish Roe syndicate in typical commercial forestry blocks was somewhere around 500 per person for anything up to an 8 man syndicate, probably a bit more expensive than that now. As in anything though there are some good syndicates for relatively little money and some poor syndicates for alot of money.

I have always thought the rule of thumb is 100 per Roe so a syndicate with a cull figure of 30 Roe would cost about 3000, divided by the number of members.

Dalkur

Quote Originally Posted by stav View Post
    hi guys. right after the big shin dig on an other post on here, i,m would like to know what people pay for there syndicate p.a.and over what acre's and stuff. as i,m new to stalking i,m just trying to get rough idea of costs and stuff. if people do not wish me to know dunt post or if you do not want eveyrone to see pm me. as for my spelling and grammar, if i,d have learnt owt at school i wouldn't be a scaffolder. cheers stav

+1 Love it Stav

As with anything that has money to be made/involved. You get some genuine syndicates with a fair "captain" while on the other hand you could get ripped off by someone just out to make a quick "buck

Quote Originally Posted by dalkur View Post
    I have always thought the rule of thumb is 100 per Roe so a syndicate with a cull figure of 30 Roe would cost about 3000, divided by the number of members.

Dalkur
    Plus VAT, then pay extra if you have Sika or Reds around, but it can go a lot higher. I bid on a block last year and really pushed the boat out to get it because it was real local to me and the lads in the syndicate view was that because it was so close to me they could stay at mine and save on B&B costs we still lost. The winning bid was over 7.50 an acre for mature Spruce plantation, no new plant just a few good clearings.

ATB

Tahr