Antagonistic Behaviour

Salmo Salar

It appears from looking at the 3 places for stalking syndicate forum that perhaps my original post on there has sparked quite a debate.
I stand by that post although what subsequently happened went farther than I thought it would.
I have disagreed with folk on here, Bambislayer who has undoubtedly shot far more deer than I ever will, Scotspine, whos views on regeneration I'll always have a problem with. But I'd like to think we would still enjoy a pint together and have a laugh if we met up. My point is if I have an opinion on something, as long as I can put it across without being nasty or aggressive then thats what I call debate. If someone advertises on here regardless of which heading its under, then if your not interested dont bother replying to it. If you require more info then pm about it especially if its about "how much".
Its not rocket science. Cheeky banter can be missunderstood but it is easily corrected. And normally can be seen for what it is - a laugh.
My grammar/spelling may not be perfect but I'm sure we can all understand the point so dont bother trying to have an English training session on here either. We're none of us perfect and thats what makes us interesting.
Long live the site and thank you for running it as it currently is. If someone cant accept that others have a different view to their own and then throw the toys out of the pram, its their loss.

.............pint, did someone mention a pint......ya me best mate, you are, hic!

Well said, a good debate/banter attracts attention and helps us all but a slagging match is no use.

Regards

This is the time for us ALL to take a step back and breathe deep.
This site IS without question the best thing since sliced bread and many many friendships have been made through it. Also many have learnt a great deal. Some don't want to learn new things and will always continue with what they know. Shouting the odds won't change things.
I think carry on help them who want it, make new friends and keep in touch with friends made and mainly ENJOY.
The sun is shining and the deer look majestic bathed in warm light whats not to like.
Lets move on now and try to get on.
Remember things what are delicate are best done in private(message).
Good morning to you all and best regards John.
P.s. well done admin you run a great site (it cannot be easy).

If someone cant accept that others have a different view to their own and then throw the toys out of the pram, its their loss.

As with most things its not necessarily the message but the way it is put across. There are a lot of people who hide behind 'telling the truth' or 'being honest' when in actual fact these are just excuses for being rude.

It appears from looking at the 3 places for stalking syndicate forum that perhaps my original post on there has sparked quite a debate.
I stand by that post although what subsequently happened went farther than I thought it would.
I have disagreed with folk on here, Bambislayer who has undoubtedly shot far more deer than I ever will, Scotspine, whos views on regeneration I'll always have a problem with. But I'd like to think we would still enjoy a pint together and have a laugh if we met up. My point is if I have an opinion on something, as long as I can put it across without being nasty or aggressive then thats what I call debate. If someone advertises on here regardless of which heading its under, then if your not interested dont bother replying to it. If you require more info then pm about it especially if its about "how much".
Its not rocket science. Cheeky banter can be missunderstood but it is easily corrected. And normally can be seen for what it is - a laugh.
My grammar/spelling may not be perfect but I'm sure we can all understand the point so dont bother trying to have an English training session on here either. We're none of us perfect and thats what makes us interesting.
Long live the site and thank you for running it as it currently is. If someone cant accept that others have a different view to their own and then throw the toys out of the pram, its their loss.

You are SO right mate and, its SO easy to apologise when you get it wrong or type in haste:)

So............... when are you taking all us site members for a pint then:eek::D

ATB

Max

I disagree with both you and the OP.

Have your seconds make contact with my seconds before evensong next!:D

A dual with stalking rifles! That would be interesting...each take 200 paces, turn and fire, any normal stalking aids allowed, deer legal calibres and bullets only! JC

A dual with stalking rifles! That would be interesting...each take 200 paces, turn and fire, any normal stalking aids allowed, deer legal calibres and bullets only! JC

A good test for those claiming quad-sticks are fast and easy to use, see if they'd still feel the same way:rofl:

Don,t do it Guys, you will probaly Miss, and I can just see the post now narrow escape due to the Sun in his eyes or something like that.

Dalkur

That would be 400yds.... you of all people should know that is an unacceptable distance on live quarry :D

That would be 400yds.... you of all people should know that is an unacceptable distance on live quarry :D

No problem...I regularly head shoot weasels at that range.... Discuss....

I'm off to bed now, I'll look in in the morning to see if we have 20 pages of BS about the ethics of head shooting weasels....

JC

Back