Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trophy cost's

Trophy cost's

I was wondering what a nice palmated fallow would cost to shoot ?, infact have no idea how much any deer trophy would cost apart from Cwd which prices are clear on some sites.

So just for reference should i come into some money starting from the top what would you be likley to pay

Red Stag from 12 point up
    Roe deer 6pointer, bronze , silver, gold, malform, perruke
    Fallow with good size palmated antlers.
    and muntjac medal heads

Thanks in advace DF

You will need a second mortgage when you come down to me

The problem is with such a topic, is that when looking at trophy prices there is one thing you cannot tell and that is, just because someone charges x for a trophy can they actually produce such an animal.

For example:

Some people have a very attractive gold medal price for a fallow buck but then an average price for a representative buck. The attractive price for the gold medal helps sell the representatives in my opinion however if you specifically just wanted to shoot a gold medal this is unlikely to happen as the guy probably doesn't have any gold medal heads and you will end up shooting a representative. Of course you can say no but then you have paid an outing fee anyway and not achieved what you wanted.

If you want to shoot a one off trophy my advice would be to pay someone who you know can produce what you want even if its not as cheap as what you can find from internet research as by the time you have spent money on travel and outing fee's elsewhere it will probably work out cheaper to do it the "expensive" way.

Of course the other side is the people who go hunting and are attracted by guides who have cheaper trophy prices on the off chance they can take a trophy at a good price this is a different kettle of fish from specific trophy hunting.

Alex

Bob, When we meet again I can give you an idea about all these costs and species as i have hunted with many guides. Just to give you an idea i once met a foreign gentleman who had shot two large red stags in Norfolk about 18 months ago and he was charged and was happy to pay 6,000 per animal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fallowm,oor View Post
    Bob, When we meet again I can give you an idea about all these costs and species as i have hunted with many guides. Just to give you an idea i once met a foreign gentleman who had shot two large red stags in Norfolk about 18 months ago and he was charged and was happy to pay 6,000 per animal!!!!
    he'd be welcome to come stalking with me anyone got his details??????

Quote Originally Posted by fallowm,oor View Post
    Not the most surprising thing I have heard recently...

Quote Originally Posted by nielaj View Post
    Not the most surprising thing I have heard recently...
    Care to expand?

Reading threads likes this makes me grateful for having access to free stalking
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Hello doublefour. In the last two years during the fallow rut ive managed to take 1 mature Fallow buck in full palmation (he is getting mounted for the wall as i write)and 1 which was an old malform (it looked like a whitetail, the picture is on his website gallery). These were both taken in Sussex with Darren from Viscount stalking and the cost was 350 and 400, neither were medals but i was delighted to get each of these as the memory of the stalks are what counts. Darren has stunning stalking grounds in Sussex on 2 estates with plenty of Fallow and the odd Muntjac. He has now put a price scale for trophies. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    You will need a second mortgage when you come down to me
    Christ Max i know i shot your malform but thats no way to talk to a careful yorkshireman i'll be getting a nose bleed next !

12k for a couple of stag's think i should have stuck to wildfowling !

Thank's for all the answers so far . DF