Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cz 527

Cz 527

Hi there, noticed that my hornet is very accurate with the 1st and 2nd shot, then the 3rd seems to be always off ! Is this due to the heated up barrel, if so could anyone explain to me how this happens !? Thank's..

How's the bedding? And how far off is "off'?~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    Hi there, noticed that my hornet is very accurate with the 1st and 2nd shot, then the 3rd seems to be always off ! Is this due to the heated up barrel, if so could anyone explain to me how this happens !? Thank's..
    How long between shots? 10 seconds or 10 minutes? If 10 seconds (ish) see Muir's response. If 10 minutes (or so) you will have to dig deeper plus is it factory ammo or home loaded?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Even when playing with a target I have failed to get my barrel hot enough to open the groups up.
    As Muir asks, how is the bedding and is the barrel free floated ?
    (check in the shooting position, moderator (if you use one) fitted and on whatever rest you use)

Neil.

Hi there, free floating barrel, 35 g v max hornadys off a bipod and you'r talking seconds rather than minutes between shots with 1/2 inch opening to 1 inch on the third ! Also got a JLS mod on there, don't know if anyone's heard of them !? Thank you Lads..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 673.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	662.3 KB 
ID:	6088Two shot groups are fine, then the third opens up as you can see. This tends to be the trend !?

Is the mod still tight on the 3rd shot? Have you tried a group with the mod off?

Also is the "free floating" checked with a cold barrel and the bipod off? Might be worth trying with the front swivel mount backed out 1/2 a turn?
    Last edited by Eyefor; 13-04-2011 at 14:30.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

have you shot 4 in a row, as if the 3rd is always off, so should be the 4th as well, if you shoot six in a row and 1,2,4,5 are perfect, but 3 and 6 are off, then you can call it a phenomenon!

I'm guessing this is a barrel heating issue if it's genuinely the third or more. Unless you've shot groups of more than 3 it's difficult to nail down as it could just be a few random events...

Yeah the mod is still tight and free floating hot o'r cold, there's a good gap in these CZ's ! It's fine for the field, but bloody annoying for target's ! Thank's..

Sorry should of mentioned !that anything over two shots goes off, they don't get worse but stay about in the one inch area !