What's the record for the longest wait for a variation?

If they didn't **** about so much then the cost of running the system would be much less but the chances of any improvement is just a pipe dream :banghead:.

Any commercial operation would have been bankrupted decades ago.

Derbyshire again ! Sent mine off for variation took 5 weeks to return enough but not good sold a rifle and applyied for another and have just had a phone call today and as you am in my 8th week but still no ticket.
Did speak to them 2 weeks ago they explained I was second in the pile to be checked and would get it the following week, this did not happen rang them again after a week and a day and guess what I was second in the pile to be seen..................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me thinks Derby mob have been on there hols ofr some one is telling porky pies.

Derbyshire again ! Sent mine off for variation took 5 weeks to return enough but not good sold a rifle and applyied for another and have just had a phone call today and as you am in my 8th week but still no ticket.
Did speak to them 2 weeks ago they explained I was second in the pile to be checked and would get it the following week, this did not happen rang them again after a week and a day and guess what I was second in the pile to be seen..................ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm me thinks Derby mob have been on there hols ofr some one is telling porky pies.

Ha ha, Ive got a mate waiting for a variation and called Derbys last week and he was told,
He was second in the pile lol

Just had my variation back from Essex Police, sounds like i have had a easy ride of it. 2 1/2weeks in total.

Sounds as if some of these applicants are making a rod for their own backs. Why are they bothering to 'phone the FLD, it's an open invitation to be fobbed off with any old excuse. Get it in writing, or even better email, make it clear that it's unacceptable and ask for the return of the cerificate or an explanation of why it is taking so long. A request for the performance target for the task wouldn't go amiss either. ;)

A good pal of mine waited nearly 2 years on a .17 hmr another pal 8 months which we thought was good
I have waited up to a year before .and i am now on my 5th month waiting on a .243 land was passed 3 weeks ago so maybe get it before August :rolleyes:

I seem to remember a force lost a farmers variation in the admin process a few years back and the guy just though they were taking their time over it or something. On renewal a year ish later after everyone have forgot about it, there ws a fair fuss because the guy didn't know where his ticket was but he found the receipt for the variation fee which helped resolve it. What force was that can anyone remember the full story?

My shotgun ticket is up in august , was thinking of sending for the renewal now. Anyone know what the wait is for west mercia ? Once it took 8 months

Just got my variation back from derbyshire with a slot for a 45-70 in under three weeks had no problems with them at all.

That's good. I've just put a variation in. I think it's down to surname letter, I've got a mate who's variation tool 6 weeks so here's hoping mine is 3 not 6

An inside source told me that if your surname begins with G to M in Derbyshire then be prepared to wait. Let's just say some of the admin staff seem a little more motivated than others. The stock answer to enquiries is "you're second in the pile". I've lost count how many times I've heard them say it. They blame the "three year bulge" for the amount of renewals and variations they are dealing with, but I wonder how many years that excuse will drag on for?!?!?! I got told to wait to submit my current variation as they were busy! BUSY! I pay my fees, I want a decent service please.

"Oh Bother!" said Pooh, as he chambered another round.

Hi All
I don't know about the longest wait for a variation but today i waited about 25 minutes and they put a new .22 on my license and 2 x 1 for 1's, one of which was a section 5 pistol.Well done to Wiltshire firearms dept.
Geordie

Hi All
I don't know about the longest wait for a variation but today i waited about 25 minutes and they put a new .22 on my license and 2 x 1 for 1's, one of which was a section 5 pistol.Well done to Wiltshire firearms dept.
Geordie
Well done to them :) they need to let the others into their secret to good customer service.

6 days 1 for 1 with D&C. Posted the thursday before the Royal Wedding long bank holiday weekend and back with me the following Wednesday. I guess they must have received, processed and sent it out on the same working day.

The Surrey Police took just 5 weeks to do an additional place of business (Bisley Camp) when I had expected considerably longer. That said, the paperwork was extensive including a completely new RFD application form. Oh well, at least I could trade at the Phoenix. Only £12 as well.

Back