What's the record for the longest wait for a variation?

coriolis

My current variation in with Derbyshire Constabulary is into it's EIGHTH WEEK!
This must be some sort of record!
Anyone had to wait longer?
I daren't complain as it will just take even longer.
If they were a business it would be bankrupt by now.

I wouldn't mind, but I've got a new custom rifle and 600 rnds been sat at my RFD for four weeks waiting for pickup :(

You should move to the north of Scotland, I put My ticket in to have a semi-auto (5 shot) and solid slugs put on it and the Nothern Constabulary had it back to me in 5 days. :D

South Derbyshire. The licensing chap who comes out to see you is spot on, but the women in the licensing office are slower than a snail on diazepam.

im in wiltshire and i phoned them before hand went to station and got it done there and then. the station is about an hour away so took me 2 hours 20

Last year my one for one variation took over 3 1/2 months and then when the certificate arrived it was a right balls up. had to drive to Lincoln and spent about 2 hrs in Licensing managers office and 4 certificate drafts later is was sort of acceptable. Lincs Police at their normal.

Can you imagine the complete disaster that would befall us if Shotguns went onto section 1. 750k more licences to administer!!!

A mate in the Thames Valley once had a 1-for-1 take almost 14months! It took so long that the dealer started charging him storage on the gun that he had bought.

I'm starting to think that 8 weeks is lightening quick! Still waiting though so could be a while .......zzzzzzzz

mine is away since last oct or nov (cant remember now) and only been contacted this week about checking the grounds i have signed. they are in three different police districts so have to wait for each to contact me :confused:. hope to get it sorted in the next month (or 2). the joys of living in ulster :D

Ive only just got my ticket back last weekend.

It took them 15 weeks yes, 15 weeks to do a one for one .223 to .243 and an increase by one .17 hmr rifle.

I couldnt really see why it took so long to deal with, i also had to have another visit at home for what i didnt really know. i wouldnt of minded but i own a bigger rifle for what i had asked for so didnt see the problem.

I just think they are taking there time because they can, and using the lack of money and short staffed as an excuse.

Back