Thread: reloading question.

reloading question.

Hi chaps, just a quick question regarding reloading, only just getting into it, was wondering if it will make a difference using brass from diff batch numbers (same brand) thanks, Mo

Hi Mo, there will be infinitesimal differences in brass batches, but not enough to worry us mere mortals for stalking purposes!, as long as the headstamp is the same you should be in the right field!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I would say for target shooting its probably not the best idea but for stalking ammo the differences in POI will be so small its not worth worying over

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    Hi chaps, just a quick question regarding reloading, only just getting into it, was wondering if it will make a difference using brass from diff batch numbers (same brand) thanks, Mo
    Mo

Beware very old brass. I have 200+ Sako 243 brass that I bought and fired from new myself. I was given a box of Sako 90gr that had been in a cupboard for a very long time. The brass wasn't the same, the cases were substantially heavier, so I binned them.

Rgds JCS

Its always worth trying to keep to the same batch etc. if possible as JCS said above there will be variations from production run to run. This applies to factory ammo as well as bullets, brass etc. With ammo or bullets, if you get a batch that shoots well, then try and get as much of that batch number as you can - if you ticket doesn't all you to hold them. buy then, write your name on them and then ask friendly dealer to hold onto them for you.

Watch out for Powder - I was in a gunshop the other day and he had a lot of very old powder on the shelf, make sure it is fresh.