Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 fact or fiction

.22 fact or fiction

I have a .22 on my FAC. The rifle is in my cabinet and has not been out for two years. I am thinking of getting rid. Now it is down as .22 but not specified as a rimfire. Could I change it for a .22 centre fire? I was told I could by another stalker? Fact or fiction?
    JIm

I swapped a mod slot for a .308 with no admin fee. As long as you have ground cleared for the clibre any one for one will be at no cost.

Mine is the same.
    whilst entirely possible you could swap it I would suspect that short of a .22 hornet all others would be listed as 222, 223, 22-250 etc evn though the bore is the same!
    you would always get into trouble if they decide to enforce whatever variation of the home office advice they are practising that morning!
    not worth the worry for the cost of a 26 variation IMO

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Mine is the same.
    whilst entirely possible you could swap it I would suspect that short of a .22 hornet all others would be listed as 222, 223, 22-250 etc evn though the bore is the same!
    you would always get into trouble if they decide to enforce whatever variation of the home office advice they are practising that morning!
    not worth the worry for the cost of a 26 variation IMO
    Aren't 1 for 1's free? If you have a slot and want to change calibre is that a "variation"? I don't think so - so it should be free?

Also, my FAC has always shown .22 rimfire or specific .22 calibre (like 22-250).

I'd call your FLO.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 15-04-2011 at 09:24.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Aren't 1 for 1's free? If you have a slot and want to change calibre is that a "variation"? I don't think so - so it should be free?
    Correct, it's a freebie as it doesn't increase the number of firearms - one off, one on, no charge.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    I have a .22 on my FAC. The rifle is in my cabinet and has not been out for two years. I am thinking of getting rid. Now it is down as .22 but not specified as a rimfire. Could I change it for a .22 centre fire? I was told I could by another stalker? Fact or fiction?
    JIm
    if you can find a RFD dumb enough to sell you a 223 then you deserve one

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post

Also, my FAC has always shown .22 rimfire or specific .22 calibre (like 22-250).

I'd call your FLO.
    One point 22-250 is a cartridge and not a calibre.. The calibre remains .22". It's one thing the licensing folks never understand.

you sound like you already have a .22 rifle at which point you can't just sell it and get another. You have to sell it and do a 1 for 1 so fill out the paperwork again. That is free and you can specify what you want. Trying to get a cf when you've only got the ok for a rimfire is not a particularly good idea.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    Mine is the same.
    Not the case with Northern Constabulary, I had .22 CF on my FAC when I put a 1 for 1, I did ask for this though as I hadn't decided what cartridge to go for.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

but I bet it was listed as 222,223 etc when you bought it, no?