Just rolled in from NZ

Did a bit of Tahr hunting whilst there.

5cfb6522.jpg

Nice one John, what no snow, can't be Tahr hunting with out snow.:lol: That river
Reminds me of when I was hunting them in 2003 18 river crossing in snow melt to hike out, blood frezzing.:confused:

ATB

Tahr

Mate we had snow the first day and all was white then we had perfect but cold weather for the rest of the time,no rain at all.WE were in there after Reds but heard three roars and that was it so we went high for the Tahr option,I shot mine at 1310 metre`s off the river,quite a climb too.

wow that looks stunning not long now im there next week hope we get into some of those .thanks for the pics,wayne

Great haul there John, i was there in 2005 i dont think i could climb up there now!! how come you never took any head skins
jewy.

Skins are at their best in winter, thus it was too early to cape them. We went mainly for reds that werent roaring at the time and thus took the Tahr option as the backup, it was much tougher too.I rolled mine at 1300 m`s plus above the river and walked it all the way,it was tough going too through the bushline scrub,a bloody ordeal actually!
We carried a boat upriver to base camp and came back down in it,that was exciting enough at times too.Sandflies on the rivers made the high country far better haha,they are real *******s!

Brno M 600 .270 I used Hornady SST 140 grains.

473f53d1.jpg

6dac3ce9.jpg

5b1328b0.jpg

Last edited:
Back