Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hanoverian schweisshund

Hanoverian schweisshund

Any one interested in obtaining one of probably the first ever UK bred Hanoverian schweisshunds please get in touch, they are not mine but located in Scotland.

I think you'll find there are a few of them in the UK. I have a cross of one

As far as I am aware there is only one ( getting old ) Hanovarian dog at the moment, and this has been used to cross many Bavarians, my friend imported his Hanovarian bitch two years ago and we don't know of any other bitch, but would love to hear from anyone who does .

MarkH on here will know a lot more as my bitch came from him.

Kyle

I know of 2 Hanoverian bitches and one dog which are 100% hanoverians with faultless pedegrees and also one in Essex that has the wrong bloodline.
    There are a lot of crossbreeds that can be hard to spot but these are the genuine articles.

Please tell me about the bitch. Where is she based?

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    I know of 2 Hanoverian bitches and one dog which are 100% hanoverians with faultless pedegrees and also one in Essex that has the wrong bloodline.
    There are a lot of crossbreeds that can be hard to spot but these are the genuine articles.
    Please tell me about the one in Essex with the wrong bloodline?

Wow, old thread dragged up from 4 years ago!! Barongcw...an intro may be nice, and then we wouldall know why you know so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Please tell me about the one in Essex with the wrong bloodline?
    The breeder is a Mrs Saur with a kennel in Germany. She is not a member of the Verein Hirschmann, the Hanover breed Society and does not seems to be flavour of the month with that Verein to put it mildly.
    The puppy's mother was bought into this country without papers so I wqas told so ask for them and there is some evidence in the pedegree of the dog of epilepsy.
    That said you might be lucky and get an excellent working puppy but you should know the history.

Always difficult to write about yourself. Let me say that I speak German have followed the 5 day course of the Verein Hirschmann, the Hanoverian breed Society, lecture to the National Gamekeepers Association about Dogs4Deer and have 2 Hanoverians in this country. Hence my interest.

Only spotted this mail yesterday when I was told on a training day that there were Hanovarians puppies for sale.
    Anything else you would like to know?