Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new toy

My new toy

Picked up from Fox Firearms today, something to mount my Eliminator on .22/250 for longer range playing.
    Only had 5 "cleaning rounds through so far but hitting the paper at least. Mod to be sorted as its f@ing loud and I'm not used to unmodded rifles (too sensitive you know )
    Thinking of a spartan mod from Third eye tactical???
    Only snag so far is that it wont accept my old brass as is, guess full resize necessary? Or will it be trimming required??

Looks the business. Workman like. Should do well
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingduckdog View Post
    Picked up from Fox Firearms today, something to mount my Eliminator on .22/250 for longer range playing.
    Only had 5 "cleaning rounds through so far but hitting the paper at least. Mod to be sorted as its f@ing loud and I'm not used to unmodded rifles (too sensitive you know )
    Only snag so far is that it wont accept my old brass as is, guess full resize necessary? Or will it be trimming required??

Get rid of your old brass and start anew. It's a new rifle and you'll need a fresh slate for evaluation of the chamber, etc. If you must use it, and FL resizing won't do the trick, your rifle has a tight chamber and you'll need new brass anyhow.~Muir

Hi have a look at the new jet-z cqb short i have just got 1 for my 22.250 its the same as the cqb compact for up to 22.250 cal but only 92mm long really quiet/dinky & tidie. You rifle looks nice what action is it on??. As muir said just take the hit & het some Lapua or nosler custom brass.

Action looks like a worked over Rem 700 ................................ am I right?

Its a british made action by GBR. Guessing they are quite new on the block as it is serial number 28!! Will have to get the brass

Nice bit of kit matey.. how do you put the info into the scope? is it a weight, BC and velocity and it works out the drop?

Nice rifle Roy id go for a A Tec cmm4 just put one on my 270 very light 220g and quiet to !!!!

FF you simply program the drop number at 500yds and 100m zero and it does the rest. Dunno how but it does. Great fun.

Its a british made action by GBR. Guessing they are quite new on the block as it is serial number 28!! Will have to get the brass
    Hmmm not a name I have heard of and that safety is a dead ringer for the Rem 700 trigger looks the same too. Will do a search on GBR to learn more... Thank you.

Edit....... yep Rem 700 clone but made to far better standards from the look of it.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 16-04-2011 at 19:47.