Thread: Travelling from the US with a stock in your hold baggage - advice

Travelling from the US with a stock in your hold baggage - advice

I would like to bring a stock back from the US later in the year. As I will be flying, does anybody know what the procedures are with regards to US law, State Department, airport security, customs and airline carriers etc? If I am travelling with the stock do I need to have an export/import licence? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

308RWS

A good place to start would be to e mail the supplier ./ vendor, & ask them direct?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Or you could always phone a customs agent for advice ................................... even US customs.

I have had a stock posted to me and mags brought over in luggage both from the US. As they are only parts and don't require to be put on a certificate the only thing you could get done for is non payment of tax if you don't declare it or if you don't and get caught!

I asked at manchester customs, about bringing back a shotgun, as the mossberg I wanted was 200 rather than the 5-600 here,
    was told as long as you can show me a licence to possess it here, and if over a certain amount you pay the tax, no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I asked at manchester customs, about bringing back a shotgun, as the mossberg I wanted was 200 rather than the 5-600 here,
    was told as long as you can show me a licence to possess it here, and if over a certain amount you pay the tax, no problem.
    ....Hope you didn't try and bring that back in your hold baggage!!!
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.