Thread: Nosler balistic tips

Nosler balistic tips

Jus bought a couple of Nosler Balistic tips in 120 grain 6.5 for my Swede. Has anyone any advice on how they perform on Roe or Sika?

Ta

pete

All my stalking is for sika and the best round i found in the 6.5 are the Norma 120 grain btips.

The damage is not too severe, got very good exit holes and blood trails.

wicklow202

Thanks for that wicklow, I use mainly Pro hunters which are cracking on Roe and Munti, very accurate etc. I only got the Noslers as they were 21 or so a box which I thought was cheap, so worth a whirl for sure.

Pete

I use 120g in my 6.5
    I found them to be catastrophically effective on Roe, with a significant exit wound. Don't know about blood trails, already dead.
    "There comes in the dead of night a hand of cold steel that plucks the German sentries from their posts"
    WSC 1942

used a lot of 90 and 95 grain NBTs and silver tips, they are good but lots of damage when driving them at 3000fps perhaps less damage at 2800 or less.

Dave

Don't push them too fast, Nosler recommend a max of 3200fps. When pushed hard they sometimes behave like Varmint Grenades. I have stopped using them due to excessive meat damage, a 4 inch exit wound is possibly 3 inches too big. I heard this morning that a large stalking lease in the south of England had a clause written into it stating that no Ballistic Tips were to be used!!!

Thanks for the advice , I will keep them slow and see how they do, I was intending to stick with the pro-hunters for Roe and Munti as they work superb and if it aint broke dont fix it. Think I will keep the Noslers for bigger stuff.