Thread: CLA camp site prices

CLA camp site prices

Thinking I might spend a night under canvas at this year's visit to the CLA I took a look at the web site to find out how much a one night pitch would cost. At these prices I'd probably be no worse off looking for a reasonable hotel.

Pitch Price (incl VAT)

Wednesday night Only 15 (special Wednesday night rate only)
    1 night (excluding Wed) 58
    2 nights (excluding Wed) 83
    3 nights (excluding Wed) 104
    4 nights (excluding Wed) 125

http://www.gamefair.co.uk/visitor-info/camping-and-caravanning.html
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Car, baggy, pillow + motorway services = success

SD Regular
    Blenheim is notoriously expensive for this sort of thing. Look to local places like Bicester or Eynsham to provide better value accommodation. There are (used to be) a few camping places around the area - Weston-on-the-Green, Bletchingdon, Kirtlington area. Hotels will be better value that way too.

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Blenheim is notoriously expensive for this sort of thing. Look to local places like Bicester or Eynsham to provide better value accommodation. There are (used to be) a few camping places around the area - Weston-on-the-Green, Bletchingdon, Kirtlington area. Hotels will be better value that way too.

E t R
    Welcome to Oxfordshire!!!

I have lived in the area for the last 25 years, everything is more expensive, especially around Woodstock. Just glad they don't hold it anywhere round Henley on Thames!! We would all need to re-mortgage just to be able to afford to park the car for the day!!!

Good shout looking further afield, I am sure you can get a pitch for a lot less!!!

Cheers

Ross

SD Regular
    @Ross

I'm surprised you haven't opened a field up Ross 'at members rates' obviously - you're only a motorway junction away aren't you?

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I am 1 junction away, but taking the back roads into Woodstock to miss all the traffic is what I will be doing.

I am not sure if lots of SD members wanting to use my toilet would be something my Mrs. would be very happy with! Unless of course you will be happy with a hole in the ground?? I will supply the spade!!

Cheers

Ross