Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And another one....

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

And another one....

Hello all.

I've only recently discovered The Stalking Directory - I wish I'd discovered it years ago. Great forums, great advice, great people!

I live on the Oxfordshire/Wiltshire/Berkshire border and have been stalking for the last 8 years, mostly in Southern England - so roe, muntjac and the odd fallow - with occasional trips to Scotland for red deer.

As well as seeming to have accumulated every book on deer, rifles, reloading, etc. ever written I've taken the DSC1 and DSC2, accepting these build upon - but don't replace - real-life experience.

Looking forward to listening, contributing and helping out as best I can.

BTW, any help on how to train a mad, one year old, cocker spaniel would be gratefully received. Life was so much easier with labradors

willie_gunn
    welcome aboard mate.

Salmon fisher as well? and welcome.

Re: And another one....

Quote Originally Posted by willie_gunn
    BTW, any help on how to train a mad, one year old, cocker spaniel would be gratefully received. Life was so much easier with labradors
    Hi willie_gunn you need to speak to Simon (beechessam) he's a cocker man & will give very good advice.

Chris

Many thanks to all for the kind words of welcome.

Yes, I'm also a salmon fisherman, successful or otherwise - mostly otherwise

Chris, thanks indeed for the tip. I'll try to contact beechessam before the little devil causes more mayhem. If she wasn't such an adorable bundle of fun I'd have throttled her already. Character per ounce, cockers win hands down!

And another one

Welcome willie gun, I am not far from you in Oxfordshire as is Martin Palmer.
    tika 308 has been known to frequent a pub not far from us all and we might get together sometime.
    I have dabbled a fly for trout occasionally and have actually caught one.

Welcome to the site Willie Gunn, it's the place to be, you may even manage to sort you dog

If you want the finest, cheapest Salmon, Sea Trout and Brown Trout fishing in Scotland Try This

John

John - many thanks for the link to KOSAA, very interesting! Someone else in my village has fished the Oykel and the Shin, and he seems to come back with salmon! We fish a tributary of the Blackwater in Sutherland, so being able to look at alternative fishing up that way is ideal. Most of our fish run to around 7 or 8 lbs, but we are high up the river system so very reliant upon the spate for success.

Techman - would certainly be up for a beer or two if there's a get together. I travel a lot for work, but mostly know a week or so in advance where I'll be.

Thanks again for making me welcome.

willie_gunn

willie_gunn, you don't have to tell me about the fishing up here, I am the Secretary of kosaa, the site you were looking at. There was a 15lb fish and one of 12lb released back into the Kyle just yesterday. There has been one of 34lb taken in the kyle year, and plenty into double figures.

Remember this is a stalking site!!

John

Re: And another one

Quote Originally Posted by techman
    Welcome willie gun, I am not far from you in Oxfordshire as is Martin Palmer.
    tika 308 has been known to frequent a pub not far from us all and we might get together sometime.
    I have dabbled a fly for trout occasionally and have actually caught one.
    count me in if you have a meet, i'm a rifle shot away near J14 M4.

welcome