Thread: Hunting In Australia

Hunting In Australia

Well Everyone, i'm moving over to Australia for a year at the end of the month to work as i cant get any work here! Don't really want to go but no point staying here if i cant get work!
    Was just wondering if anyone on the Stalking Directory is from Australia and could help me to get some hunting while i'm over there, or even pointing me in the right direction?
    I'm moving over to brisbane with my Better Half!
    Thanks a million in advance!!
    GJ

As for local stalking I don't know - plus part of the area around Brisbane was heavily flood damaged, so not sure what you'll find...
    However, if you're going to be in that part of the world anyway, I would definitely take advantage of it an book a hunt with one of these guys for Buffalo or scrub bulls and pigs...
    Australian Buffalo Hunters Hunting Outfitter
    South Pacific Big Game Hunting in Australia with Hunt Australia Safaris

Quote Originally Posted by JabaliHunter View Post
    As for local stalking I don't know - plus part of the area around Brisbane was heavily flood damaged, so not sure what you'll find...
    However, if you're going to be in that part of the world anyway, I would definitely take advantage of it an book a hunt with one of these guys for Buffalo or scrub bulls and pigs...
    Australian Buffalo Hunters Hunting Outfitter
    South Pacific Big Game Hunting in Australia with Hunt Australia Safaris
    Hunting is massive in Australia, and gun regs less restrictive (still nothing like the US). However, I don't know whether a non permenant resident can get a lisence (you want cat. b). Or will you be resident? Why only for a year? I'm moving at the end of the year for good

Sign up to australianhunting.net and scope things out. It's similar to here in that you need permission, and to get that you need to aproach a land owner in the right way. In Vic and NSW you can get permits to hunt on government (NP) land, but I don't think QLD.

Once you find a place the usual rabbits, foxes and hares are big problems. Then goats and pigs are big targets, along with varius deer (red, sambar and fallow amongst others). Then out west there are camels, donkeys and for real men who want an excuse for a 458 lott - water buffalo. These are all feral pests and wanted cleaned up.

Lastly roos are culled in numbers big special permits are needed - it's illegal to just go out and shoot native animals
    Last edited by harrygrey382; 18-04-2011 at 16:47.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling