Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This ever Happen to you

This ever Happen to you

Some time we get the opertunity to shoot a real nice buck then there are the times we get the chance to shoot a medal (not often). So when that chance dose come some people get on with the job and just take the shot. HOLD ON A MINUTE ALL IS NOT WHAT IT SEEMS.
    big buck medal class
    Thats the boy for the freezer and the wall.

But why is he acting strange looking into the bushes must be anouther deer so just shoot him.

Whats that Red in the hedge only noticable when viewed through binoculars. Beter wait and see.
    Jesus were did he come from must have walked right behind the deer good job we can read the signs.
    PS THE MAN IN THE RED JACKET IS A COP DONT THINK HE WOULD HAVE FOUND IT FUNNY HAD I HAVE TAKEN THE BUCK.

Good photo's tho !
    Typical policeman, they can never see anything unless it has a number plate on it !!

very lucky! why was he there footpath?

That's a cracking example, nice one

Ive had similar situations with hill walkers, just shows how its best to have a good look around more than once before taking the shot, great pics to show as an example.

I was stalking hinds on the open hill on the north coast of scotland about 5 miles from the nearest road, I was stalking a group of hinds in the bottom of a corrie, I had been checking the rim and the sides of the corrie on my way in, no sign of deer or people,

After crawling the last 100 yards through rank heather I found myself 100 yards from the closest hind and 250 from the furthest,

After getting comfortable and getting the bipods down I was looking for the old hind that I knew was in the group through the scope on my UNLOADED rifle when the scope when blue I raised my head to find a hill walker 20 yards from the end of my barrel.

I had a 70 degree feild of view where I could see everything, I stopped the hill walker (who still didn't know I was there) and asked where he had been, he had been sleeping 70 yards to my right (i had crawed within 10 ft of him and not seen him) he had then walked right passed me from right to left meaning that I had not seen him coz I was looking through my scope.

The moral is no matter how careful you are you are human and therefor falable so check, check and check again.

It was a shame I didn't have a camara for the look on the walkers face when I stood up
    I got the hind the next day

Andy

Andy

The Shadow there is a mud track that dog walkers have made these pics were taken at around 6 30 am. I am sure the shot would have been ok But the reaction might not have been. Spoke to the chap later and he just wished me good luck and told me were he often see,s deer .

Forget stalking attire.... I'm going to get me one of those red jackets, that buck isn't bothered by him one bit

BTW... it looks more like a woman.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    BTW... it looks more like a woman.
    No, Si. Definitely a buck. You can see the antlers.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    No, Si. Definitely a buck. You can see the antlers.
    walked right into that one didn't I?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox