Thread: A weekend In Dumfries

A weekend In Dumfries

Just back from a weekend stalking with Colin aka The Solway Stalker. As you can see I managed two very nice six pointers. Both were taken with my new .223 at 150 and 240 yards respectively. I used 55grain Remington sps and neither bullet exited. These are the first deer I have taken with this calibre and I am very impressed with it. Interestingly we only saw deer in the morning stalks. The evening stalks proveing fruitless, not even a sighting, posibly being down to the full moon. A big thank you to Colin for the weekend. He is a true gentleman and both my wife Chris and I can highly reccommend him. Good deer in stunning surroundings. Give him a call you will not be disapointed . FM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 101_9794.jpg   101_9789.jpg   101_9781.jpg   101_9784.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by fallowm,oor View Post
    Just back from a weekend stalking with Colin aka The Solway Stalker. As you can see I managed two very nice six pointers. Both were taken with my new .223 at 150 and 240 yards respectively. I used 55grain Remington sps and neither bullet exited. These are the first deer I have taken with this calibre and I am very impressed with it. Interestingly we only saw deer in the morning stalks. The evening stalks proveing fruitless, not even a sighting, posibly being down to the full moon. A big thank you to Colin for the weekend. He is a true gentleman and both my wife Chris and I can highly reccommend him. Good deer in stunning surroundings. Give him a call you will not be disapointed . FM.
    Well Done Steve Two more nice bucks for the wall, get many more and you will need a bigger house mate ! DF

2 nice bucks there , well done. Colin will keep you right !!!

Nice one dad, well done, I wish I could have gone with you. Maybe next time.

Nice to meet you both, we didnt see a lot but not too bad in the end
    tricky one this morning Steve ,well done
    Hope you can make it next time jono