Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new rifle at last!

new rifle at last!

as some of you know, My previous .270 got run over on my last stalking trip up in scotland. Finaly after a long serch I found what I was looking for, Now the proud owner of a sako 75 stain/synth. Few scraches on the stock but I expect that from a used rifle, bore very sharp. Put 3 rounds through it yesterday with some factory stuff I had left over. Fedral 140 grain acubonds 1 1/2 inch group at 100yards, Winchester balistic silver tips 130grain 3 bullets same hole I have never used these on deer, anyone had any experience on there preformance on deer? Will post up some pics soon, hopfully will be out this week and christen it with a red spiker.

sako

I'll be collecting a Sako 85 syn/stnless next week in .270, very excited I am. Would be interested to hear what you end up using through yours. I was thinking around 130 grain myself.

Hi,

Well done..

You made a good choice.. I've got a .243 in the 75 stainless synthetic and .270 in the 85.

Both my sako seem to shoot better with Norma

.243 Norma 100gr
    .270 Norma 130gr.. Would be interesting to see if you get better grouping with these.

All the best

Robbo25

Mo, You finally got some tools then!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Mo, You finally got some tools then!
    hahah yes indeed. Next on the list is 17hmr then 243, then I am sorted (for the min )

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo25 View Post
    Hi,

Well done..

You made a good choice.. I've got a .243 in the 75 stainless synthetic and .270 in the 85.

Both my sako seem to shoot better with Norma

.243 Norma 100gr
    .270 Norma 130gr.. Would be interesting to see if you get better grouping with these.

All the best

Robbo25
    Hi mate, yes i am pleased with it. I am picking up some norma 130grain sp this week so will see how they do and let you know. all the best, Mo

Quote Originally Posted by norseman View Post
    I'll be collecting a Sako 85 syn/stnless next week in .270, very excited I am. Would be interested to hear what you end up using through yours. I was thinking around 130 grain myself.
    you wont be disapointed! and 130grain is a good choice.

I've used the Nosler C/T silver tips 130grn in my .270; excellent on deer and very accurate in my Sako.

Accubonds in the same weight very good also and 130grn sierra gamekings BTSP's.

Glad the rifle worked out for you.

ATB
    Moses

Mo just a thought in another thread the lads admitted that the missus thought the gun cost next to nowt and she was led to belive this was true
    have you told her the real cost or was it in one of those super whoooooppper sales that us lads go to and it was nearly given away by the gun shop
    my new styer only cost 250.00 HONEST
    bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyboy View Post
    Mo just a thought in another thread the lads admitted that the missus thought the gun cost next to nowt and she was led to belive this was true
    have you told her the real cost or was it in one of those super whoooooppper sales that us lads go to and it was nearly given away by the gun shop
    my new styer only cost 250.00 HONEST
    bob
    They do it to us often enough!