Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left Hand 223

Left Hand 223

Hi All,
    I am testing the water here a bit, due to being cack handed. I am looking for a Left Handed .223,
    Synthetic stock cut for a moderator. Good condition a must.
    This will be a dedicated foxing rifle which will be used with night vision.

Ideally it would be nice for it to be local but reality means that if someone has one then it I may have to travel to see it. I don't really want to travel more than 100 miles to go view it.

Oh an whilst I would love a custom made tactical rifle I haven't got that sort of money, unless you have one stupidly cheap!!!
    I'm budgeting about 600.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Nothing out there, crikey, sometimes it is great to be a major minority, othertimes it is a pain in the ass. Oh well, might as well go and see what is in the shops!!!
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I've got 223 Ruger No1 V that I've been thinking of selling. Not screw-cut but well below your budget.

Thanks, but that is not the sort of thing I am looking for. Always hated single shots

Well my variation is in and I am still looking for a suitable rifle in 223. So just a nudge just in case anybody knows of one, has seen one for sale in a dealers. etc etc..
    I have one or 2 PMs on the subject but the leads didn't throw up anything at this stage.

Buy a right handed 223 for a few hundred notes as long as its straight stocks without combs I am left handed and shoot a Ruger M77 223 and no its not for sale.

Geve up on left handed rifles long time ago, all of mine are right handed.

Same here !

I am also a southpaw but find no real issues using righthanded rifle (apart from hitting my mark)

You can wait and you will find one .....eventually but i would say go for the r/h just now and get another later on

Pay your money and make your choice. I disagree with the previous two posters. I tend to keep my rifles, so spending a bit more when I buy means very little if you work it out over the life of the rifle. It is frustrating I have to agree. Another left hooker (a friend of mine) just brought a 17HMR new. I know within a few weeks one will turn up here for sale second hand and very cheap. Thats life I guess

I have a .243 in right hand and it is a great gun but it is not a left hooker. But I don't intend to change it cos it is very accurate but at some stage I probably will.
    I want a 223 in left hand. The world is your oyster when it comes to right hand but I would keep looking and not be happy till I got a left hooker.
    It may take time but once i get the correct one I will hold on to it for years.
    Bit like my motorbike and missus

SD Regular
    Steve Beaty at Ivythorn Sporting has a Remy 223 left hand in very good nick - I was looking at it at the weekend. Not synthetic, but if that's the only compromise......race you for it!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........