Ebay Binos

I got bitten once when buying a phone and tho i got my money back it made me very cautious Now if i'm making a large purchase I have always look for a seller with lots of positive feedback. They have a reputation to loose if you leave bad feedback. I'll also email the seller and say that i'm interested in the item. I tell them i've had a previous bad experience and that i now like to be safe rather than sorry - i also say that i'm not saying that they are dodgy, but i want to deal with them direct, rathere than buy without contact. And then i'll set out what i think i'm buying - ie brand new, unmarked perfect condition working condition etc- this will form part of the contract should things go wrong and shows what you are expecting. I have always found that the seller will come back and wont be offended. And, touch wood i've never had a bad experience since

Hope this helps

Scrun

KGB,

Fleabay can be an extremely good source of of good quality equipment, but as Scrun 63 says there are some unscrupulous people out there, so one has to be careful. I use it for all sorts of things and I think one has to be a little realistic and not expect something for nothing. There are good deals to be had, but fewer true bargains. On this particular seller I'd say 'No'. He's actually not allowed to not accept returns under distance selling laws - and from personal preference I dislike poor grammar in ads - it makes me uneasy. I also doubt the true ability of any glass to give 9x mag - if it were that easy, Swarovski and the like would all do it. I'd ask the standard two questions - what are you going to use these binos for and what's your budget. Many will say that you should spend more on bino's than anything else as it is what you will look through most!

There is a seller on eBay who does some pretty good Bushnell bino's at a reasonable price - I'll see if I can find them when you have a mo, but look to brands where you can and push your budget as you'll really appreciate the difference.
Feel free to PM me for more details

E t R

Yeah, I suppose if something is too good to be true then it prob is, thank you for the replies

I recently bought a set of as new Opticrons top of the range and half price!!. Absolute bargain.Be careful

and check their feedback and what they have been buying and selling.Best if you buy second hand with

purchase receipt and warranty card included.Otherwise don't buy.CJ

if your seriously looking at these you be as well take money out yer pocket and throw it away or burn it

if your saying to yourself sounds too good to be true thenits coz it probably is.

yeah we would all like 1000 quid pair of swarovski's or zeiss etc but for some of us this is a hobby not a job and we cant justify it ...fair enuff

but.......

this forum is a great place for asking questions etc

try steiner binoculars....i use em and mine were £300 and are superb and rugged etc....

or ive read some other posts on here bout minox range....they are cheaper still but sounds like they are getting good reviews......

realistically tho you want a pair of 8x42 or 7x42 for stalking......some folks use 10x50 or 10 x42

i find tho that 8x42 is the perfect compromise between weight and useability.....

mind if they are gonna be like the size of summit form an observatory your carrying them round yer neck for a few hours AND you want to be able to hold em without the use of scaffolding so you can see thru em without too much shake!!!!!!!!!!

a'the best
sauer

I bought my stieners via ebay,

cost me £100 for a set of bl**dy good bins.

as said check the sellers feedback.

I put a pair of Zeiss 10 x 63 on E Bay and they only went for £400.00 by the time I'd paid commission I got pennies.
The person that bought them had a real bargain because later I was offered £700 for them not by just one person either.
I paid £1200 for them about six years ago but there was no bidding until the last minute and that was how they got a bargain.
So if you know what you want and know how to work the E Bay system you can get real bargains.

Would anyone buy binos off Ebay or steer well clear, I am on a massive budget and would like a set of binos pretty much like myself.....cheap and cheerful.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-90-zoom-X-...phy_Binoculars_Monoculars&hash=item3f091df993

Or if anyone knows where they sell binos quite cheap that would be great

Thanks all in advance
avoid :( I use a gut feeling for thing, they are the size of a double decca bus, hence the giveaway price & lets face it under a tenner !!

I be inclined here, instead
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Quality-field...phy_Binoculars_Monoculars&hash=item3cb7155330

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PRACTIKA-SQ-S...phy_Binoculars_Monoculars&hash=item35b15e89ad

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikula-100-Wa...phy_Binoculars_Monoculars&hash=item3f08696251

Last edited:
Ebay can go either way: you get fools who start a bidding war and they end up paying over the odds, or you get bidders who only bid in the last seconds and pick up bargains... I recently won a barely used Zeiss Classic Diatal illuminated for a very decent price this way.

As for the binos in the original post, they're way too heavy but more importantly they don't say anything about being waterproof, so stay well clear!

Steiner seem a great "second tier" binocular for the money ad offer a good guarantee too (10 years i believe) which when you think about it works out at £30 a year. Cheap really.

I put a pair of Zeiss 10 x 63 on E Bay and they only went for £400.00 by the time I'd paid commission I got pennies.
The person that bought them had a real bargain because later I was offered £700 for them not by just one person either.
I paid £1200 for them about six years ago but there was no bidding until the last minute and that was how they got a bargain.
So if you know what you want and know how to work the E Bay system you can get real bargains.

You need to set a reserve that will avoid selling for pennies.

I have bought cheap scopes and expensive binos on eBay.

Play the game, do you research, I make sure I have a bit of history on a seller before committing serious money. In over 3-400 trades I have only been stung twice (once by Paypal themselves!)

I bought some Leica 8x40's for around £700. as near as makes no difference brand new, boxed etc, saved £500! also bought some £100 scopes and binos second hand without problem. there are some serious bargains out there now that everyone is cashing in on stuff they have been sitting on for years!

Back