Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 Varmint?

Question Tikka T3 Varmint?

Anyone had experience of these rifles, good or bad?

I have been offered one of these in stainless steel, the shorter barrelled model, which is factory threaded in .308.

They are not pretty but are supposed to shoot well, or is this a myth?

Regards, Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

simon we have a t3 lite in stainless bloody good rifle .
    regards pete .

Simon, have a word with Jonathon (243varmint) he's used one for a while now.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Rob; 20-04-2011 at 15:19. Reason: Couldn't spell Jono's name proper like!
    Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Guesty View Post
    I have that exact rifle in 223, and am very happy with it. It isn't the prettiest as you say, but it shoots just as well as my Sako or Steyr. The trigger is the same as the Sako, and the bolt throw is the best of the three. The long action isn't theoretically ideal, but I find it makes no difference. A buddy has the same model in 243 and he's equally happy.
    .308,,long action?

Flytie

As Chris has said I have one in .243. it's now my foxing rig. After lugging it round Berkshire with Dom last summer I put in for a variation and now have a lite in 30-06 as well.

If you want to 'try before buy' you are more than welcome to try mine first. I am off work next week so can sort something out then if you like.

P.S I have the longer barelled version, wish I went for the shorter one. With a jet z on the front it can be a bit long sometimes.

Drop me a PM and we can sort something out.

Jonathon

I had one in .308 short action 24", did not like the stock far to flexible and poor quality but the action/trigger was nice, not sure what you intend to use it for but I found it to heavy to carry around, yes accurate but no more so than the two remy's I use now.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    .308,,long action?
    Yes 308 is long action.....in a Tikka T3, as is a 223 or any of the chamberings.

only one action.

Simon,
    don't think you can go wrong with that.
    A short heavy barrel in 308 is ok to carry in the field and performance wise.
    I'd certainly prefer the shorter barrell.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    .308,,long action?

PKL, the previous models of Tikka, the m595/590 were short actions and the m695/690 were long actions. Those lovely people from Beretta took over Tikka and "rationalised" it, as accountants are prone to do, and produced the T3 which has but one length of action, no matter the cartridge size.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    I had one in .308 short action 24", did not like the stock far to flexible and poor quality but the action/trigger was nice, not sure what you intend to use it for but I found it to heavy to carry around, yes accurate but no more so than the two remy's I use now.
    ??
    Simon

Hi Simon, i have this exact same gun in 20" barrel, it shoots sweet as a nut and produce's one hole 3 shot groups with sst's. And on the weight, it weigh's just the same as my standard barreled tikka 595 .243 so it seems normal to me.
    If you want any more info on it or load data pm me.
    Last edited by The Farmer; 21-04-2011 at 20:04. Reason: more info