Thread: open ticket for 308

open ticket for 308

I sent my licence of the other week to remove the restriction stating I can shot on land deemed suitable by the chief officer, therefore giving me an open cert..
    I got my licence back today with the restriction being removed for the 17hmr, but for the 308 I have to produce a detailed cull card and let them know ammunition used.

Now I'm not unhappy about the outcome, as I have the 17 now on open cert, but what info do they require in the detailed cull card ,is this just date and species ??? Also for ammunition used they should have record of how much I buy as this is entered on my fac.

What's to stop you providing them with detailed self-generated information regarding the 3,000 plus deer you've culled over the past 12 months? Obviously you will have used a variety of deer legal ammunition ranging from .243 to 416 Rigby (even though you only have a .308 on your ticket.

Sorry to sound flippant about your situation, but what on earth do they think it achieves? It's just a meaningless box ticking exercise.

Best to ask the FLM what they actually want, otherwise you might just have to do it all again. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Best to ask the FLM what they actually want, otherwise you might just have to do it all again. Good luck.
    Or you could ask the FLM what he want's and still end up having to do it all again
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    Or you could ask the FLM what he want's and still end up having to do it all again
    Should have added that the OP would be advised to ask them by email or in writing - and get their reply in writing. It might help in anchoring the goal posts.

I'm glad to see that you've retained a sense of humour over your own situation Si. If it were me I think I'd be spitting blood by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I'm glad to see that you've retained a sense of humour over your own situation Si. If it were me I think I'd be spitting blood by now.
    Magnanimous is my middle name, which is probably why I haven't got it sorted yet..... the wife say's I'll only be more laid back when I'm dead.

I do like a good 'ole whinge though
    Last edited by Si; 20-04-2011 at 18:09.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox