Thread: Pentax Scopes

Pentax Scopes

Anybody have experience with Pentax scopes?

I have a work chum who lives in the states who is very pleased with a Pentax Liteseeker he bought ealier in the year.

They can be bought much cheaper in the USA so thought I might ask him to get me one.

I read good reports about Nikon scopes bun nothing on Pentax.

US chap says that Pentax make scopes for other US retailers but I have no details on this.

Re: Pentax Scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Saxonlad
    Anybody have experience with Pentax scopes?

I have a work chum who lives in the states who is very pleased with a Pentax Liteseeker he bought ealier in the year.

They can be bought much cheaper in the USA so thought I might ask him to get me one.

I read good reports about Nikon scopes bun nothing on Pentax.

US chap says that Pentax make scopes for other US retailers but I have no details on this.
    when i started out stalking i bought a pair of pentax binos ,save your money for a good sh scope from one of the top three

I understood that Pentax scope were made by Burris - it might be duff info but if correct indicates where they are quality wise.

Pentax bought

I decided that for what it cost I would risk it and if disappointed, fit it to a .22RF.

The scope arrived today, feels very robust and well engineered. a simple viewing test comparing with Zeiss binoculars set at the same power suggest that the optical picture is very good. Need to check it is poor light conditions but I'm already convinced that it is a quality product and will probably fit it to my Sako 243 this week-end and give it a try.

A steal at $250 but not sure if you can get one in the UK for this price.

I have also heard that they are made by Burris but would have expected it the other way round since Pentax are a much bigger company.