Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody help ive lost my bolt for a sako 75 .243

Somebody help ive lost my bolt for a sako 75 .243

Hello all, l have just been out to check my rifles zero, and have lost my bolt- l think its getten out of a slight tear in the pocket and now l am extremely worried its gonna cost a arm and a leg to replace.
    Its long grass where l have lost it, and on quiet private land, so gonna have another look tomorrow- lm even thinking of buying a metal detector and searching.
    Can anyone offer me any advice on where l can source one from and for how much if my searching doesnt find it??
    Im totally gutted!

Chris.

Bolt

Borrow a metal detector hopefully you will find it,Good luck

i have a metal detector if you dont stay to far away

Best of luck .But i am sure you cannot just buy a bolt it is a component part. I would be on hands and knees

you must find it and that's it. To replace means a variation to purchase the part and declaring it to your flo then sending away for fitting, proofing etc. Bring in your mates and borrow some metal detectors then get stuck in. Big Steve lost his for a .308 and after two solid days of looking he found it. The problem was it was in his sock in his wardrobe. Best of luck.

Hi Chris
    Ask around there will be a local metal detecting club they will probably lend a hand, put up a prize a of good bottle of malt
    Geordie

Sorry to hear this.

This happened to a mate and we did go to Maplin's and buy a metal detector .

We found that a cheap metal detector is worse than useless, you're better off on your hands and knees as between false reading and adjusting the sensitively to "compensate" to the extent that you later discover it's incapable of detecting your car from touching distance, you'll be thoroughly pissed off.

Get someone with a good metal detector to help you.

As a "quick fix" fix a circular magnet off an old speaker, the bigger the better, to a piece of roofing lath, or some such bit of timber and retrace your footsteps, all the best, hope you retrieve it.

I would be very surprised if you could "buy" a bolt for your SAKO. (Unless someone finds yours and sells it to you) SAKO will require the rifle to be sent back and have a bolt fitted to your gun. This would constitute a repair, right? Is that a good thing, legality wise? In any event, it will be expensive, no doubt.~Muir

Lost bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I would be very surprised if you could "buy" a bolt for your SAKO. (Unless someone finds yours and sells it to you) SAKO will require the rifle to be sent back and have a bolt fitted to your gun. This would constitute a repair, right? Is that a good thing, legality wise? In any event, it will be expensive, no doubt.~Muir

I have lost a bolt for my Sako 2 years ago - (deep heather) went in to my local gunshop (Inverness) and bought a replacement @ 75.00. Went straight on, no fuss no mess....