Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Bucks

Fighting Bucks

Attachment 6314Attachment 6313Attachment 6311Attachment 6309Attachment 6308Well i was out for another outing this morning and i came across a malform Roe buck fighting a nice six pointer im not talking play fighting they were full on trying to kill each other so i shot the malform as he didn't look to be doing very well all hunched up ! The second six pointer ran of into next field and fell to my second shot as the farmers complaining about deer numbers otherwise id have left him !

Has anyone else seen bucks fighting like this so early on i usually only see this sort of aggression a lot later on ?

Not sure why the first roe buck had malformed antlers he was old but in good health !
    Last edited by 375 mag; 25-04-2011 at 15:44.

i see mate your getting through them , you got the malform etc why dont you treat yourself and shoot 1 of the old big ones later on in the year.

Hi Chris

I like to leave the old boys to breed but i mite take one out after the rut unless you want to shoot one their all over the place at minute just like rabbits !!!

It is very common in late april to mid may to see roe both male and female chasing and fighting I was watching some only yesterday.

Plenty of play fighting going on at the mo but no real anger in it,see one do what appeared to be a back flip the other night.

Its great when you get to watch it full on these two and yes there are teo in the picture went at it for atleast a full 5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by 375 mag View Post
    Hi Chris

I like to leave the old boys to breed but i mite take one out after the rut unless you want to shoot one their all over the place at minute just like rabbits !!!
    we will see nige what you want to take out at the end but i am up for it.

Yeah its nice to watch them play fighting early on when their finding new territories but like i said these to were definitely trying to kill one and other i usually only see this happening just before or during the rut when fighting over females !

often I skin a yearling now and his arse is full of holes.
    Don't think he would call that play.

On one piece of ground for two years on the trot i was coming across half dead roe bucks when skinned they looked like they had been stabbed to death you could walk upto them and touch them with ya sticks ! On August of the second year i found the culprit a large buck with two straight points it took me three attempts to get him but i did then the following year i shot a second buck with the same two straight points on its head i believe their called murder bucks prob the offspring from the first ive not come across another one since on this piece of ground !