Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bore guides?

Bore guides?

I apologise if this frequently comes up but... I am looking for a couple of good quality bore guides. One is for a sako 75 .270 and the other is a tikka m55 .22-250. Any make suggestions or links would be great! I went into a local shop and acquired one for about 11. This seems pretty basic and I actually don't think it fits the caliber correctly. Should they go in without much force,(I would have thought they just slide in?).

Really appreciate any replies! Cheers!

Got to be tight with possible an o-ring at the bottom end. If not cemicals being inserted can contaminate the mag/bolt area rather than down the barrel. saying that force should not be required. Putting your thumb on the end you should feel it sliding home as a comfortable fit. If the body is jamming on the side it does not fit,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    saying that force should not be required. Putting your thumb on the end you should feel it sliding home as a comfortable fit. If the body is jamming on the side it does not fit,
    Jim
    Thanks Jim, it looks like I need to invest then!

Any makes/models anyone would recommend? I might as well buy a good one

ATB!

I was lucky. Someone on the site advertised the exact one for my prohunter

I invested in an empty 20gauge cartridge with the primer knocked out - serves me very well and beats any commercial boreguide I have ever seen!

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    I had bother finding one for my CZ American, Reloading Solutions came up with the right one, try them.
    Reloading Solutions Limited
    Unit 6
    Station Approach Business Centre
    Rowles Way
    Kidlington OX5 1LA
    Tel: 01865 378200
    Fax: 01865 370123
    shama.hamid@reloadingsolutions.com

i was looking for the same, i bought a dewey bore guide 6-7mm from midway,for my 6.5 but you will have to get the block insert turned down a couple of mm on a lathe, yet they fit the tekka spot on, remember to get the larger lenth 13" so it clears the bolt

you could take the end off a fired cartridge, and get some plastic air pipe (wagon) and fix it in and that would work the same

I have also ordered mine from Reloading solutions and found them very helpful and a perfect fit.

There was an earlier thread on this:

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...highlight=bore

I have a couple of Stoney Point branded bore guides, but I am not sure where you can get them. Sinclair International have a few:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/ci...es_Bore_Guides

Regards JCS

Try Norman Clark in Rugby, I'm sure he will either have one or quickly turn the collar down to the correct size as he did with the one for my Tikka
    Last edited by srvet; 26-04-2011 at 20:08. Reason: Typo!!