i love my .22lr!!!!

sauer

well my bruvva and i have been getting on with some rabbit control for couple o estates /farms over last couple o yrs and we used to get near on 100 rabbits for couple o hours but last year we struggled to get decent bags what with 2 bad winters and maybe victim of our own success!!!!:lol:

but went out last nite for a shine and crops are coming through a bit more know and wow.....some of these rabbits were pretty green giving us a no bad bag of 74 67 shot and 7 not picked;)

i had my CZ452 cut down for a lamping tool running in out mototrs and i was having some ejection problems but thanks to Muir and others on here its back to being as sweeeeeet as a nut and i love it!!!!!!

rabbits2.jpg

rabbits1.jpg

what a highly highly underated caliber and its just soooooooooooooo much fun!!!!!

sauer

Much underestimated round , id never be without one sir . the best ive had was an old BSA pump ive never seen anything more accurate

Three things I always bring around with me when straddling about on my shooting grounds:
1. Knife
2. Dog
3. .22LR

I refreshed myself with the use of the LR Saturday night, shot enough to top up the doggy dins in the freezer, but what interests me is what will that school caretaker say when he sees what's hanging up in the kiddies cloakroom?:D

thats a bloody big buck rabbit hanging up on the right hand side!!
bet he took a couple of shots to bring down!

bewsher500
thats a bloody big buck rabbit hanging up on the right hand side!!
bet he took a couple of shots to bring down!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:heheheee good one

nah thats just one of another 6 or 7 "big uns" sitting off to the right hand side and didnt make the piccie.....not by me unfortunately tho:doh:

sauer

You are not wrong Sauer, i was out with Iain with our 22's tonight, giving the bunnys a fright and checking our grounds for roe.

when are you heading up this way again?

I love rimfire shooting, especially .22LR. I carry one all the time in the outlands of Montana and always feel confident that I am well armed. My friends and I fire about 700-1000 rounds a week (each) over two or three outings. With the onslaught of summer, I can see those numbers climbing. We buy our ammo 2500 rounds at a toss! \

Very underrated. Show me a shooter that b-tches that a .22 is too little gun for the field of small game shooting and I'll show you a person who hasn't shot enough.~Muir

I love my .22lr goes to work with me everyday! Take rabbits and canada geese as well as the odd magpie, crow, rat and squirrel.

My friends and I fire about 700-1000 rounds a week (each) over two or three outings. With the onslaught of summer, I can see those numbers climbing. We buy our ammo 2500 rounds at a toss!
Jesus! thats a lot of lead!

I too love my little .22lr,

I have the CZ 452 American and it has seen the back of shed loads of rabbits. I had the gun from new and its been a real workhorse for me. Wouldn't be without it.

I read an article last week in a magazine saying that the US special forces use them quite a lot for close range silent anti personnel work.

I don't think Bin Laden was dropped with one though.

Back